Deep Dive: El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

El Presidente

El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme   

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can be divine. But lacking in consistency of quality.

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Except for the exceptions like Fonseca Number 1, Siglo V,  HDM Dieux  etal ;)

Not just exceptions.

I really never have been able to like this cigar. I love pretty much every other cigar in the marca. I used to buy box after box of ERDM PC and Lunch Clubs, and I have savored the few remaining Grandes de Espana I have smoked over the last few years. BUT every time I have tried the Choix I just ended up with a flavorless cigar, if anything I would detect just hints of the EDRM flavors with a desire to have those turned way up. I keep trying though, maybe I will get a good one someday.  

4 hours ago, Sir Diggamus said:

I really never have been able to like this cigar. I love pretty much every other cigar in the marca. I used to buy box after box of ERDM PC and Lunch Clubs, and I have savored the few remaining Grandes de Espana I have smoked over the last few years. BUT every time I have tried the Choix I just ended up with a flavorless cigar, if anything I would detect just hints of the EDRM flavors with a desire to have those turned way up. I keep trying though, maybe I will get a good one someday.  

Loved the PC and Lunch Club. Always had a box of each in cabinet

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Diggamus said:

Yeah if I could bring any EDRM back it would be the PC.  Call me crazy, as much as the occasional Tainos or Grandes de Espana would bring that magic, PCs we’re the most likely to hit that perfect EDRM mix of flavors.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andy04 said:

A CORO is a fools Choix.

A CORO has 100X more flavor and complexity than a Choix. No comparison. YMMV

• Yes, Choix Supreme  is my Coro til  disappeared from every stores.
  • first love, now RASS 
  • Choix Supreme is just like D4, they taste much different than before, its unique herbal flavor long gone after 2012.
  • How long does it take you to smoke : less than an hour
  •  

P1060972.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, SCgarman said:

Traded what I had left to a fan of these. And it was a 2010 box.

I kindly thank you for this trade!  I have two left and loved each one of them. 😉 

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.  I ❤️ ERDM Choix.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Thirds said:

I kindly thank you for this trade!  I have two left and loved each one of them. 😉 

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.  I ❤️ ERDM Choix.   

You were beyond generous with your trade, and I enjoyed all the cigars you sent me! I kinda feel guilty that those 3 COROS are now worth $60+/per cigar, but who knew things would go this crazy? And your statement is spot on. Glad you enjoy them!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:47 PM, KCCubano said:

Loved the PC and Lunch Club. Always had a box of each in cabinet

The Lunch Clubs were really full bodied cigar.  Wasn't expecting that one the first box I bought.  It is good cigar to have at a Lunch Club and make a big stink of smoke.  Don't have to commit the whole day yet have a satisfying smoke. 

Are there any Franciscanos left in the Habanos portfolio?

• Like 1

Quite as with Saint Luis Rey they cut everything but the least exciting format.

Perhaps the communists had a certain dislike for brands and all things with an allusion to royalty?

... - and for good measure, they are now making the Reyes unobtanium. See a pattern there? 😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Quite as with Saint Luis Rey they cut everything but the least exciting format.

Perhaps the communists had a certain dislike for brands and all things with an allusion to royalty?

... - and for good measure, they are now making the Reyes unobtanium. See a pattern there? 😂

There are plenty of Reyes available. The kicker is they are now $600/box. Do you think they will include a complimentary tube of KY jelly so it doesn't hurt so bad?!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thirds said:

No worries on my end.  Congrats on being the better price speculator. 😉.  No regrets.  Glad you enjoyed your return send. 

No speculator here! I enjoy cigars for one reason, smoking them! They were turned into ash long before this new pricing madness started! 😁

• Like 1

Anyone who remembers what Cuban Davidoffs tasted like ROTT know that ERDM has the closest flavor profile by far. Even more than Trinidad, as some very respected smokers have surmised. The Choix Supreme is the last link to modern-day Cuban Davidoffs and an under-appreciated treasure. Those of you who know, know. 

• Like 2