Deep Dive: Saint Luis Rey Regio

El Presidente

Saint Luis Rey Regio   

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saint Luis Rey Regio

When they are available.....they are jumped on faster than a fat kid on cake. The reason? They have been red hot in the past couple of years. 

Let's talk the Saint Luis Rey Regio

• Do you like  Saint Luis Rey Regio?
  • Where does it stand in the ranks of the other existing Robusto's/Hermoso's 4
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Saint Luis Rey Regio?
  • Do the poll!

Salute Regie!

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't get the Regio. It's never been a top performing robusto/hermosa4 in my mind and there are too many better alternatives in that lineup. PSD4 when on, uppman Connie 1. Etc

• Like 1

Haven't smoked one in probably 4-5 years but I remember always being somewhat let down and would opt to go for a RASS or ERDM Choix Supreme instead. The Regio really had nothing going for it imho.

It's been quite a while and I can't find my old tasting notes. I remember these getting nice with some age--good enough fresh, but had the potential to gain more fruity sweetness as they aged. But again, it's been quite a few years since I think I've had one and I was more into the Serie A at that time. 

Guess I should have one soon and revisit.

Regios are a nice change of pace cigar. I find them very similar to the Ex 4 in terms of execution--substitute berry tart for the RyJ cherry. Some leather/licorice in there. Not a cigar I could smoke every day unlike the Famosos or Connie 1. Just doesn't stand out enough. A box of Regios would last me a year or more. They also are very prone to construction issues in my experience, especially those rolled more loosely. Wind tunnel draws and poor burning. 

• Like 1

I love ‘em. SLR can be among the ‘sweetest’ berry fruited smokes for me. But they seem to vary a lot in execution: some are very light, others surprisingly intense. All in all though, a keeper.

• Like 3

Wish I could participate in this one - I remember liking these a lot, maybe some stone fruit, but since I only had a couple and it's been maybe a year since I've seen any in stock my memory is a bit fuzzy. Gonna have any come in soon @El Presidente? Pretty please...

• Like 1