Travel Diary: and we're off!

You sure you don't want some chutney made from Mary?
That just sounds
A: like some weird Australian euphemism
B: wrong, on so many levels

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No good news ever comes from being called to the Qantas lounge service desk.  "Mr Ayala...please come to the service desk and see one of the customer service representatives".  Over the year

Having a cigar or two at City Cigar lounge. Love the place! Oliva Melanio Churchill is excellent.

Jersey is absolutely breathtaking. I arrived to a long lunch in town with Stu and some friends. Great people. Cigars and drinks on the terrace before Rob flew in at six.  Then the party

21 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

That just sounds
A: like some weird Australian euphemism
B: wrong, on so many levels

Sent by spooky action at a distance

Wrong. Let me correct you.:

A: some weird Fuzz euphemism

B: wrong, on so many levels.... that it could be right... but probably not... yeah, it's definitely not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

meetings, dim sum for lunch followed by the BR event at JJFox. 

Stuart convinced plenty for post event drinks at The Stafford. 

......and that is when it went "wild" :o

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

meetings, dim sum for lunch followed by the BR event at JJFox. 

Stuart convinced plenty for post event drinks at The Stafford. 

......and that is when it went "wild" :o

I've never seen somebody wondering around St. James with a full box of Cohiba Robusto before looking for the next pub. Absolutely hilarious. My trousers are still drying off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Rob will insist it is a jacket affair... and then conveniently forget his.

Better than insisting it’s a trouser affair…then conveniently forgetting his!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

It's a hard life Rob.....

I tell you it s not all cheese and crackers!!!!!

Flying pointy end to Miami on AA but getting a drink after lunch service is a tough ask as all the steward munchkins have disappeared. Where on earth can they disappear to on a plane? Harry Houdini couldn't pull off this level of magic!

I am off to see if I can round one up. ;)

• Like 3

They generally hide themselves in the back galley. 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Flying pointy end to Miami on AA but getting a drink after lunch service is a tough ask as all the steward munchkins have disappeared. Where on earth can they disappear to on a plane? Harry Houdini couldn't pull off this level of magic!

I've seen that flight attendant magic act on AA many times unfortunately 

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Crew sleeping area. Need to get away from all you yahoos.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Late back last night from Hamlet's mums place. All the family was there which was gorgeous to see. I have known his family for over 20 years and it was great to catch up and share plenty of laughs. 

Managed to get a gym session in this morning (back to back days!) before picked up at 11am for a long lunch at TOR in Coral Gables. We have been lucky to find exactly what we need by driving to a locale and just walking around. TOR is cigar friendly with an excellent menu. We are still in business/mate mode so a 4-5 hour lunch is normal. Lot's done and then I made the call of back to the apartment to catch up on emails. 

Foxy and I will head out to a divan tonight right after we get some work done. Foxy is in seventh heaven since he learned how to use the washing machine. Oonagh will be so proud when he gets home.  He has just put in a pair of socks  and turned it on. He is enthralled by the wonderous washing wizzard. It is his third load today......the last one was a pair of jocks. :rolleyes:

Miami is a mad arse town. Di would love it here.  I find myself people watching and chuckling alal Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop.

The cost of living is insane. I was here just over 2 years ago but it feels like most things are  up over 25 percent. I thought London was bad.  

Smithy flies in tomorrow and I plan all of us to have a great dinner together. It is the reason I told Foxy I would pay for today and he can pick up tomorrows tab. He hasn't cottoned on yet ;)

Having a great time. :ok:

We are missing all of the fun. Will there be any of your liver left by the time we get there? Is Foxy hanging around for the weekend?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, madandana said:

We are missing all of the fun. Will there be any of your liver left by the time we get there? Is Foxy hanging around for the weekend?

I am hanging in there!  Rob F flies out tomorrow. Smithy flies in tonight.

It is a little like tag team wrestling...

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I am hanging in there!  Rob F flies out tomorrow. Smithy flies in tonight.

It is a little like tag team wrestling...

Tell Foxy sorry we missed him. Looking forward to seeing you Friday