Deep Dive: Partagas Lusitania

El Presidente

Partagas Lusitania   

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love Lusis and probably my favourite DC with the Hoyo DC coming a very very close second.
Number 3 would be punch DC then RAG.

In general they are a 2 plus hour smoke usually 2hrs 15 to 2.5 hrs.

I have smoked 14-18s and haven’t noticed a blend change. Maybe with the 19-21 but I haven’t tried recent Lusi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’m a big fan and although I own a ton I don’t smoke them as often as I should as I guess I’m too busy trying other cigars. I should just stick to what I know and love! Currently got a few boxes on the go 09, 14, 16. Have a cab from 19 but haven’t cracked it yet, plus a few boxes from 21.

Big fan of Hoyo DC’s and RAG. The Punch DC’s I’ve had were all unbelievably boring. Shame, as Punch Punch have long been a favourite of mine for 20 years.

D4’s normally bolt out the door for me, but Lusis have a more elegant start.

Most of my best cigar memories involve a Lusi - love at first sight, the lady loves milk tray in Havana, the Aperol Spritz disaster…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If memory serves me correctly I bought my first 10 ct boxes from here and all were 2016 boxes.  I smoked them young and they disappeard quickly and if all I had to smoke for the rest of my life were from those boxes I would eventually die a happy man.

I have not idea what current stock is smoking like, I know that all brands and varietals have been wonderful, but I don't have any boxes other than one of the 2016s left.  They were every thing I imagined them to be back then, and one of these days I will get around to sampling from the 10 ct box I have left.

A truly amazing cigar, I love the comparing of them to a Porsche.  I couldn't agree more :)

• Like 1

Only have 3 dress boxes, 2 -20 & 1- 21 all PSP from FOH.  They are a "feeling-good, think I'll smoke for over 2 hours tonight cigar" for me.  Usually 2:15 to 2:30 that I take my time and really enjoy.  Mine are still very young and developing - they get better every time I pull one which is not very often.  With only 3 boxes in the collection I'm waiting for them to develop and hope the first box will last until they're >5 years old.  

I get the high score above.  When a few of my cigar friends come over for a smoke and I offer them anything in the humi ~ 80% go for the Lusi's.  The knowledgable ones always ask me if I'm sure it's ok and I love saying "sure help yourself"!  Gotta get some more ....

• Like 3

If not my fav then in top 3. Enjoy the 2.5 hrs of this smoke. Maybe they have gotten a little lighter lately but flavor still there.

• Like 1

Love the format of this poll and hearing everyone's anecdotes relating to a specific cigar. Please do more!

Myself, I have my first box of Lusi's (ENE 21) cooling down — have yet to take that journey but am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Lusis have been hit or miss for me. I had a bad experience with a '17 cab that was mostly plugged and unsmokable. But when they are on and not plugged they are easily one of my top 3 cigars.

I prefer their flavor over HDM and I haven't had enough experience with the RAGs or Punch for a fair comparison. I also don't have the tenure to detect a change in their blend/flavor over the years.

As far as smoking time goes, DCs take me at least 2 hours to conquer. 

I remember the question of what would you take to a dessert island if you had $1,000 only posted middle of COVID by el Pres. My view was a 50cab of Lusis (back then ~$800) and cut them in halves or smaller smokes. Absolutely love it and I wished I could smoke them below 1 hour so I could fire them on every day. Elegant and delicious. 

On 4/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

how is leather missing from the description? 

but the flavour description selections show what I generally say. Everyone tastes something different on any cigar. Which is why I love reading tasting note reviews. Some people are so creative....and it all fits. 

100% I was looking for leather

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:24 AM, shokao said:

How long you should age them? 3-5 years? 2-3 years? Any ideas?

3-5. Minimum. Really don't get that musty leather until the 3+ mark. 

• 4 months later...

First smoked a Lusi this summer when I ordered a box of 10, which are dated Mar 2023 and a bit young. Will note that I have not tried the DC Punch but have 2 waiting for better weather.  I like the Lusi and believe it lives up to the hype. It was a pleasant smoke. Still waiting for these age before really commenting too much on the age.

My RAG are dated 2023 and HDM are dated 2022. Will report back once I have better feedback on how these age. 

From a young flavor and looks POV 1) RAG, 2) Lusi, 3) HDM x) Punch.

Nice summer smoke that lasted me a solid 2.25 hours on the beach. If I hadn't run out of rum this could have stretched this to 2.5/3 hours. Pleasant experience. 

8d1e497fbff90bac3d32d540356cc87e.jpg

e6f1f30a10fbd25f254f559cfdca9931.jpg

• Like 4