No time like the present...

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...to smoke those cigars you've kept your hands off of for months or years. Too special. Considering the current state of affairs I am a bit concerned if something drastic happens I may never get

Funny you mention this topic. A couple of months ago I decided I was done buying LE and RE so I started smoking through them every day and have not touched any regular production in a couple of months

Finally broke down and cracked my last box of the Grandes de España, this box from 2005. Glad I did, they're really good!

1 minute ago, Habana Mike said:

Uni on the cold.

More of like a Hokkaido uni or more of a West Coast creamier type of uni? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

More of like a Hokkaido uni or more of a West Coast creamier type of uni? 

Santa Barbara

29 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara and Mendocino, my two favorite!   Cheers! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Hoze said:

Santa Barbara and Mendocino, my two favorite!   Cheers! 

Small shop in Kihei best ever. They run across the street to pull fresh urchins from the surf,

• Like 1

Thursday and Friday look to be great weather here. Hoping to have time for a Sir Winston and maybe some custom rolls. A FOH member sent me a PSP Monte Edmundo from Nov 2010. I was thinking of letting it hit 10 official years first, but that one is also up for the match.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 4:14 PM, SenorPerfecto said:

Nice tray!

Jealous as hell of the skinny. Never seen one! How are they?

It was a great smoke. You have to sip those to get the flavors and avoid getting hot. 

I am always amazed when I smoke the older cigars how much character they manage to keep for the most part.

Occasional duds but i find that in more recent versions as well.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

It was a great smoke. You have to sip those to get the flavors and avoid getting hot. 

I am always amazed when I smoke the older cigars how much character they manage to keep for the most part.

Occasional duds but i find that in more recent versions as well.

"Sipping" is something I have grown more and more fond of as the years go by. I think a truly great cigar is one you don't have to PUFF to get smoke and flavor into your mouth -- just tiny sips do the trick. One thing I appreciate about the Nudies. But also, most well constructed skinny cigars. Also the QdO 50 benefits tremendously from not oversmoking it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HDGSN said:

My 2nd ever Sir Winston. TRU AGO 18. One of the last 2 boxes on the shelf at Hotel Nacional.

Was trying to wait til the box hit 2 years, but see the title to this thread!

Flat. Out. Sublime. Right at 2 hours from light to nub. Total relaxation doing some light work in the backyard with the pup and San Diego like weather.

No complete changes in the thirds. Instead, the same 3-4 flavors keep coming and going and rotating at just the right moment. RC Cola and Moonpie (without the marshmallow), cinnamon, sweet bread dipped in coffee, sweet spices, and snickerdoodle. Under medium until the final 3rd. Medium for the final 3rd.

I can’t believe this had no harsh edges. In 5 years these are going to be the classiest sumbitch out there.

Already a 97/100 and my new Cigar of the Year so far.

6B82C828-FE6E-4647-8168-236E49F70B0D.thumb.jpeg.ddc16ac4574a3abf75cde6e1afea7aa5.jpeg

Nice review and glad the thread prompted you to light one up!