BLIND TASTING CIGAR NUMBER 1 REVEAL 2019

Shocked, just shocked. It was a P2 all the way for me. :o

On 10/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, tigger said:

? 

I've smoked a number of boxes of HU No.2  over my lifetime. It's a cigar I really enjoy.

I really enjoyed this one too...but it tasted nothing like an HU No. 2 to me. It was all sourdough/sour cream and savory spice.

C'est la guerre...

Congrats to those who got it right!

Me too! I'm floored.

• Like 3

Wow I tasted NO H upman flavors in this one...was way too bitter for the HU's I have had in the past.

I was convinced it was a dip 2 but then that bitterness came in which was clearly not dip.

Oh well! I still had a lot of fun trying!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RDB said:

Exactly what I tasted. With some vegetal sweetness, but not bakery sweetness and no nuttiness that I could see. Body was only under to medium, which threw me a bit, but I thought it might have a bit of age.

Same here. My guess was partagas. My old man who also smoked one and who was coincidently working his way through a box of h upman at the time said it was a h upman and then changed his mind.

It didnt taste anything like a h upman to me. More cream and bell pepper or paprika. My guess was partagas and I still stand by that guess!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, Tstew75 said:

Worst HUP I've had in a long time ?

This

I got ZERO Upmann DNA from it. I was PSP2 all the way. Haven't had a HU2 in a while but they've always been similar to HUPC in blend to me and I got nothing like that. No toasted tobacco, no shortbread. Didn't even get that Mag 46 leather & licorice. 

I smoke more Connie 1s than anything else in the last 18 months and while I know they're different I just got zero HU DNA out of it. In fact I ruled out HU2 early and it was really between PSP2 and Dip 2 for me, and it didn't have that bready Dip character but it did have some bell pepper, paprika and spice--that's PSP2 to me. 

I won't be buying any HU2s, that's for sure. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

This

I got ZERO Upmann DNA from it. I was PSP2 all the way. Haven't had a HU2 in a while but they've always been similar to HUPC in blend to me and I got nothing like that. No toasted tobacco, no shortbread. Didn't even get that Mag 46 leather & licorice. 

I smoke more Connie 1s than anything else in the last 18 months and while I know they're different I just got zero HU DNA out of it. In fact I ruled out HU2 early and it was really between PSP2 and Dip 2 for me, and it didn't have that bready Dip character but it did have some bell pepper, paprika and spice--that's PSP2 to me. 

I won't be buying any HU2s, that's for sure. 

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm smoking a fantastic HU#2 right now and it's a totally different animal from the mystery cigar #1 which was undoubtedly a P2. 

• Like 2

Cuban flavor profiles strikes again! -LOL

Well, I guessed right. I took the number of people who gave a guess, then the numbers that got it right and bingo... 20%

I had as good of chance at nailing it as an Upmann and I did not ever try one.

Lisa dear, can I guess next time around? I have as gooda chance as the rest of them... ! -LOL The contest needs placebo comparison group.

-Piggy

• Haha 2

I'm actually curious to know @El Presidente's thought process behind picking this cigar. Was there a discovery that this box code of upmann 2s taste much like the p2s? 

Because i noticed or PSP upmann 2s are usually advertised as having a reddish rosado wrapper but my #1 was definitely not that shade!

Or maybe that could be revealed after the entire competition is over in order not to compromise the other 4 sticks?

well, i suppose i'll go against the grain here and say it tasted exactly like an upmann to me, and they're definitely not my favorite. it was a good cigar, but with the exception of the connie #1, the upmann profile doesn't do much for me.

that said, i am no expert and do not expect to score well in the competition.

-dobbs

• 2 weeks later...

Just re read the rules and realized I needed to use my $25 voucher already.... Is that correct? Am I too late to claim my discount?