WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #13

50/50 Poll #13  

104 members have voted

1. 1. You've got the choice to immerse yourself, any way you choose--live & work, holiday--for 6 months in the culture of Rome or Paris. For the first 3 months, you have to stay in the city. After that, you can day trip out but you have to return back to the city within 48hrs... which city do you choose?

This poll is closed to new votes

Rather Paris as the primary location though went with Italy as so many better side trip options....

Man, so much dissing Paris. I wonder how many of the dissers have been there?  ‘Cause I think it’s pretty freakin' great.?

Rome. I've been and have thought I'd like an extended period there. Haven't been to Paris and if I had been there I might  have a different answer. 

I've not been to Rome, so can't really vote. But I have been to Paris. One of the things that struck me every day while walking around was that I could feel the history. I also liked that Paris is a real working city - plenty of tourists (as I was), but Parisians went about there business every day seemingly without reliance.

So, if I had to live in the city, I can't imagine being disappointed with Paris.

Both cities have a lot to offer; history, culture, food, etc. Ultimately, I lean towards Italy because there is far more to do and see in Italy, not just Rome, but all over the country. The food is also better in Italy, and the climate is also slightly warmer and nicer in Rome than Paris. Furthermore, Rome is closer to beaches and some of the great seaside towns like Amalfi, and you can get to some great Tuscan towns in just a couple of hours of driving. But Paris is a great city too, so you really wouldn't be let down either way. I've been to both and enjoyed both. I would like to return to both. 

Rome romped in! 77-31. A surprise. I prefer Rome, too, but I thought it would be closer. Anyhoo...

To the winner of the El Pres sampler, that goes to @RubenF !!

Congrats! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange to dispatch your prize. 

Thanks again to all who participated - next poll will be up soon! :thumbsup:

• Like 3