So what are your plans for the 4th of July weekend?

Those are nice! You doing a full pig?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, excuse the poor picture...

bdc4d2b3ba1f022a5601dc68c577c9de.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just heard a statistic that Americans have spent/will spend 1 billion dollars for beer for Independence Day.  We'll also spend over 500 million on wine, champagne, and liquor.

Knock one back for Uncle Sam lol!  But seriously, however you decide to spend 4th of July, be safe my friends.

• Like 4

Pool or beach, probably the pool since the beach will be jammed no matter where you go.

NAP?

Barbecue with some Friends 

And fireworks at the intracoastal. 

Home and a cigar on the patio nice and quiet.

Happy Fourth of July to all. ? and don’t text, drink and drive all at once! One at a time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thirds said:

The spouse is visiting her family out of town while I attempt to get caught up at the office.  We had two trips in June and workload won’t allow another getaway right now.  I get my employees to laugh when I tell them I’m the lowest paid hourly employee (no short days to be found).  The commercial/industrial construction market is strong and have to make hay to keep up with 24:24! 

I’ll find time for some cigars, maybe a steak and certainly yard mowing.  I mow paths in the pasture so the wife and dogs can enjoy their daily walks.  I hope she appreciates me when I’m gone. 

Happy Independence Day to everyone.  God bless this wonderful country of ours! 

6BC5BB72-B32D-4B86-814D-2E036EAEAE04.jpeg

E9053B8F-D7A6-4D5C-B3FB-F6E851BD605A.jpeg

Damn that looks like Heaven to me. I can smell that fresh cut grass right now.

12 minutes ago, CampDelta369 said:

Damn that looks like Heaven to me. I can smell that fresh cut grass right now.

Thanks, Delta.  It is a great smell and I don’t consider it work either.  The mind goes numb and it’s time to just mow.  My neighbor is a rancher and he’s getting started with taking down the tall stuff now.  It’ll be back like this again in September or so.  

The first summer here I put 90 hours on the tractor keeping the pasture cut. The next summer, after I worked out a deal for him to take hay, I only put 3 on it. His cows get fed and I have more time for cigars.  Win-win. 

I use a smaller zero turn for the paths and that thing is getting some hours on it.  

If you find yourself passing through Missouri, you’re welcome to stop by for a cigar.  And if you’re lucky, I’ll let you mow some grass...so you can smell it, of course.  ?  I promise, it smells the best 2 or 3 hours in.  

This was part of his take last summer.....

8A061CB3-4718-405D-B994-9422E9827FA0.jpeg

• Like 1

Field of Dreams... now that I know Heaven is in Missouri I will take you up on that if ever find myself nearby. I have never been there but it looks like Gods country. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jal154 said:

Pool or beach, probably the pool since the beach will be jammed no matter where you go.

NAP?

Barbecue with some Friends 

And fireworks at the intracoastal. 

Home and a cigar on the patio nice and quiet.

Happy Fourth of July to all. ? and don’t text, drink and drive all at once! One at a time.

I think I can manage to squeeze a couple of beach chairs and an umbrella in there somewhere.?

But truthfully, up here, the water is too cold for me until August, so I will probably be in the pool too.

Happy 4th! ?

90B24A1D-DA3F-4339-9746-2928FF6B6867.thumb.jpeg.d4a8c65e5711f62f3ce47fa7541e680f.jpeg

• Like 2

Local Parade today and Lake Tahoe for the weekend. Oh and cigars, beer, and bbq. Sometimes I feel half the fun about smoking cigars is deciding what I’m going to smoke in advance. 

• Like 1

I missed this thread because I was so busy getting fireworks ready and celebrating the last three days.   On the 3rd my friends parents had their annual 4th celebration.   I provided fireworks, homemade beer and rootbeer (non-alcoholic I had to tell several people this due to all the alcoholic rootbeers on the market).   The food was hotdogs, pulled pork, wings,  and pork belly burnt ends.  Then on the 4th our neighbors got together and we had grilled burgers, brats, and hotdogs.   I provided fireworks and homemade beer and rootbeer again.  I also made some Atomic Buffalo Turds that turned out amazing.  All in all was an awesome safe holiday and the weather didn't decide to ruin it with rain which we have had a ton of this year.  I was crazy busy and didn't have time to smoke a cigar so I am heading out to enjoy a PLPC with a stout right now.

• Like 1

Update. After getting pelted by marble sized hail and giving up shelter for women with young children for over an hour in the pouring rain, we finally got home. They just started playing again. Could be worse, my daughter's mascara could have run down her face. Small miracles. Hope tomorrow is dry