Guantanamera Cristales


Recommended Posts

I would like to know if age would help these cigars? I don't have them but might buy a box when I am in Havana along with better sticks too. I am willing to sample everything I can when I am there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brian okiec said:

I don't have them but might buy a box when I am in Havana along with better sticks too. I am willing to sample everything I can when I am there. 

Do not buy Guantanameras. There are other more enjoyable ways to punish yourself.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Brian okiec said:

I would like to know if age would help these cigars? I don't have them but might buy a box when I am in Havana along with better sticks too. I am willing to sample everything I can when I am there. 

I was given one of these at the Tropicana show with admission. It was terrible. Go with the other recommendations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats a bit unfair. They are not bad such, construction is alright, draw is good. They are just not good tasty cigars. They are light and tasteless in my eyes, but as a general cigar for an occasional cigar smoker who doesnt wish to spend more money they do the job. But as others say for a little more money there are better cigars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  If the Guantanamos are your budget you're probably better off looking into Dutch dry cigars, or if it was me, spend a little more and grab some Quintero Pantetelas/Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleur/Partagas Mille Fleur

  If you desperately want some Cuban machine made cigars then the Troya Coronas Club are decent little smokes; sweet, fruity (plummy) and mild. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

        *Poor Guantanameras! ;) I too have not found them that hateful - just a little wanting on construction. Flavor-wise I also did not find them sooo distasteful. IMHO if you want to talk a sorry, HIGHLY unsatisfactory joke of a smoke: Vegueros (even the Mananitas), Fonseca KDT's & Cosacos are hard to like. I'll take a Guantanamera Compay or even Decimos before one of those ANYTIME. :thumbsdwn:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve probably surfed around on cigar forums and websites for 8 years now and I have encountered ONE cigar-lover who liked Guantanamara. This is the strangest marca ever. Only a state monopoly could produce this year after year despite all the hate


Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nico said:

I’ve probably surfed around on cigar forums and websites for 8 years now and I have encountered ONE cigar-lover who liked Guantanamara. This is the strangest marca ever. Only a state monopoly could produce this year after year despite all the hate emoji28.png


Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Straight tourist cigar. 

It was never meant to be anything else and has fulfilled that objective admirably. 

Cheap, easy draw,  no real flavour, light on the palate = a cigar cigarette for Cuba photos and to take home to  friends and relatives who also don't  normally smoke cigars. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Straight tourist cigar. 

It was never meant to be anything else and has fulfilled that objective admirably. 

Cheap, easy draw,  no real flavour, light on the palate = a cigar cigarette for Cuba photos and to take home to  friends and relatives who also don't  normally smoke cigars. 

That is exactly it and they do the job well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.