Torpedos For Smoking - and Aging?

It could be one cigar, or two different ones...

As I rebuild my stash, I note that I have a notable lack of angles among the residents of my tupperdor.  My question for you is this - right now, what one torp/belicoso/#2 (basically any pyramid-shaped vitola) would be you grab to smoke young (< 2 years), and which to age 3-5 years plus?  Basically I'd like to nab either a sixer or a 10-box of something to smoke through, and keep an eye out for a box to go long with.  Maybe it could be a 25 of something versatile enough to fill both roles.

I know the Serie P 2s have been on a good run, though I did note that El Pres listed the 10's as a "what's not" cigar for June.  Where would you put your money?

• Like 1

Monte 2s seem to be on a decent run as of late. Those might cover all the bases if you enjoy them.  Still wouldn't hesitate to buy P2s if the quality is there.

BBF for short term

Diplomaticos 2 or Upmann 2 longer term

• Like 4

I am partial to the Upmann#2. More consistent than Monte2. Good to smoke young and has legs to age for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All of them can age a decade no problem.  Upmann No. 2 and Unicos for the bigger ones.  RJ Belicoso and Bolivar for the smaller one.  SP Belicoso are better on the young side IMO.

• Like 3

The young BBFs I have had so far are solid. There has been quite a few offerings here on 24:24 and in the store. All consistently delicious. I think some boxes recently on this EOFY cycle too, at stupid pricing. The ‘14 MC#2 have been good so far with normal construction issues. 

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Young: 2-5

Punta 

Monte 2

Dip 2

BBF

Aged

Upmann 2

SP Beli

P2

CPE

P2 and Sancho and BBF can swing both ways. 

What is aged? 5+ years?

I have box of Upmann #2  LUB 14 that are very good. Smoking them sparingly to see the evolution over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamrandr said:

I had a really nice '07 Unico.  It really aged nicely.  Still had its legs but was well rounded.  Just an absolute delight. I would reckon laying a box or two down of these will pay off 

I had a box of Famosos from around that time that matured beautifully. I’d certainly be tempted if a box of Unicom came up on the 24, but it would be a struggle to be patient enough...

I'm warming to the idea, but Unicos appear so rarely on the 24:24 they should probably be called Unicorns...

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:36 PM, El Presidente said:

For me

young = less than 3

Rested= 3 to 5

Aged 5 +

Thanks for this. 

Depends on the the colour of wrapper and construction?

Monte 2 pyramids and others can be terrific the day they arrive, then three years later.

The specific “Aged” to me is up to 14 years then vintage after that. But really, five years or more can start me smiling.

CB