For Fans Of BBQ - Best BBQ you’ve had?

Assuming you are a fan of BBQ, if you had one final meal left in you, which BBQ restaurant would you choose to eat?  

Im curious and will use this list of places to try when I explore your city.  Thanks. 

Two part question:

1) what BBQ joint and what city?

2) what to order? 

Toss up between Joes Kansas City BBQ Z-man Sandwich or Q39 Pitmaster Brisket.  Gotta have fries at both (bbq Aioli at Q39) 

DBF8529C-8671-4B1E-9543-63B993D3BC56.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't have many bbq joints in my neck of the woods (although last couple of years there has been a few open up) but this is a brisket i did today on the trusty weber Sent from my SM-G965F using T

Here's some lamb shanks seasoned ras el hanout, salt and preserved lemon.  It was cooked on a WSM without a water pan and cooked at above the smoking range (325 f).  I think it was 3-4 hours?  

@THEMISCHMAN Stiles Switch is a great option in Austin.  They have quality food from open to close (open all day and cook for a dinner service unlike Franklin) and serve the single best dish in the st

Jambo’s in Arlington and Burleson Texas (DFW area) has this 6 meat sandwich for $15. It has ribs, fried bologna, chicken, pork, sausage and brisket. Not for the timid haha. Most memorable  bbq sandwich I’ve had.

CAE4773F-D17B-416C-A47F-9E8B95DFFC67.jpeg

59E76204-3D88-405A-A430-62CE9EFB386C.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, THEMISCHMAN said:

Stiles Switch in Austin TX.

Either the 3 meat plate with brisket, smoked turkey, spicy sausage and two sides. Or the Diablo sandwich.

222f96028be881f25af9b58e75960a4d.jpg

If it’s a Wednesday it’s smoked prime rib.

10d6e644e2a416dd29ef1a43e3d362c8.jpg

No one’s leaving hungry.

Fantastic options.  I naively pulled up to Franklins BBQ last year not aware that the line started early 8am....we settled for Salt Lick in Driftwood.  That brisket on the diablo...?

• Like 4

One of the nicest BBQ's I've had (There have been many) but stands out was in Santiago Chile called "Parrilladas Argentina".

Located Avenida Vitacura 2985, Santiago 8320000 Chile

The meat is cooked on small portable table barbeque's in a simple and traditional method over charcoal. Amazing.

I think the venue also added to the overall feel, loads of greenery, trees around the restaurant, great for families, huge selection of wines and beers also.

Related image

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rega25 said:

Jambo’s in Arlington and Burleson Texas (DFW area) has this 6 meat sandwich for $15. It has ribs, fried bologna, chicken, pork, sausage and brisket. Not for the timid haha. Most memorable  bbq sandwich I’ve had.

CAE4773F-D17B-416C-A47F-9E8B95DFFC67.jpeg

59E76204-3D88-405A-A430-62CE9EFB386C.jpeg

They should call that thing the leaning tower of Pepto Bismol!!  I’ve never seen such a monster and it looks like an absolute must try. Wow. 

2 minutes ago, MIKA27 said:

One of the nicest BBQ's I've had (There have been many) but stands out was in Santiago Chile called "Parrilladas Argentina".

Located Avenida Vitacura 2985, Santiago 8320000 Chile

The meat is cooked on small portable table barbeque's in a simple and traditional method over charcoal. Amazing.

I think the venue also added to the overall feel, loads of greenery, trees around the restaurant, huge selection of wines and beers also.

Related image

It looks and sounds special.  Gotta love those memories and meals that stick with you.  Now that is L-I-V-I-N -Wooderson 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thirds said:

They should call that thing the leaning tower of Pepto Bismol!!  I’ve never seen such a monster and it looks like an absolute must try. Wow. 

Yeah it’s definitely comical but great because they have several sauces to try with it and you’ll have awesome leftovers for 2 more meals haha!

• Like 1

EA8741B3-F52F-4BAC-B20D-FBE847F84EEF.thumb.jpeg.b047b5c934315ed7ead3dbe7ea8610b4.jpeg17CD4FD1-88E8-4E89-B4FA-455420E0CEC6.thumb.jpeg.6068752136ecc95184e52d07e14c9ea8.jpeg

Good to see all the Texas bbq joints.  I live in Houston and have eaten all over the state and much of the Carolinas.  While I love some good Texas BBQ beef, I am much more a fan of good pork bbq with vinegar based and mustard based sauces.   That being said, my last meal would be at Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX.  Only open on Saturdays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Thirds said:

Hey, fellas...How do you crop the “quote” feature so I don’t keep reposting all the pictures?  Also, how cool is Bucky McSwensen?  I hear women want to be with him and men want to be him.  Sorry, newbie here,....or maybe it’s just my technical illiteracy.  

Highlight the text, hit quote selection, then you can can just post the selections you want.  You can also edit the quote if you want to make it seem like the person said something they maybe didnt. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Highlight the text, hit quote selection, then you can can just post the selections you want.  You can also edit the quote if you want to make it seem like the person said something they maybe didn't purple monkey dishwasher.

Now, now. We don't condone that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mark’s Feed Store in Louisville, KY I remember being fantastic for both pulled pork and ribs (my two favorites), but I have only eaten there a few times and not in many years. For LA (my vicinity) of course Bludso’s, but I’m particularly partial to Gus’s in Pasadena. Again, pulled pork or baby-back’s. And the Memphis sauce at Gus’s.

• Thanks 1

I’m with the OP on this one.  I spent a number of years in Kansas City, and Joe’s Z man sandwich was my go-to for anything barbecue.  There’s also another joint called Jack Stack, and their barbecued baked beans is amazing. I could eat a couple pints of that stuff in one sitting.

6 hours ago, CooGAR said:

That being said, my last meal would be at Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX.  Only open on Saturdays.

@CooGAR there is something totally satisfying about the pork/vinegar sauce bbq style.  Couldn’t agree more.  Texas is well represented 

@SenorPerfecto @OldEasy

Two votes for Bludso’s...now I feel I’m missing out.  One of the best trips of my life was a coastal road trip from San Diego all the way up to Vancouver (I regret not starting in Tijuana).  And now I regret not seeking out Cali BBQ.  I did hit Roscoe’s chicken and waffles in Hollywood, though. Ha.  And the only star I sought out was Jack LaLanne’s (juicing king of America).  

• Like 3