Anyone ever smoke two cigars at the same time?

Or is that just disrespectful and gluttonous in your opinion. 

Ive don’t it a few times during long car rides. Get to compare and contrast sort of.  Maybe if i wasn’t enjoying the first cigar I lit up, lite up another one and go back and forth. 

Some reviewers actually do this, so they can puff more and narrow down the flavors that are in their head a bit better, without overheating the sample(s). I've never done this, I don't think I'm necessarily opposed to it, but I'd probably be quick to judge someone if I actually saw it in action. ?

It is so much fun to do, especially if you are smoking two or three of your very favorite cigars at the same time.

Make sure that each cigar has a flavor profile that is distinct and pronounced; sweet, fruity, spicy, strong ligero or maduro... something distinct,

If you can try to also chose distinct textural elements for each cigar; smoothness, roughness, weight in your mouth and in your hand.

And last is the texture of the smoke; thick enough to blow smoke rings and I'm in heaven!

From @Luca's profile picture (thanks @Luca!)....
587e080612b8b_SmokingCigars_Final.jpg.2cbe41f872a643488964ffc25703188e.thumb.jpg.6649270ed86e5737c29122cec2419e95.jpg.fc15e8f68a7663a6e23756a02a5ee18f.jpg

I think LS was comparing the Partagas Serie D cigars in this review from memory.

I've seen Suckling do it in reviews too.

I've never tried smoking more than one cigar at a time myself.

• Haha 2

I’ve had times where it’s just too much and the cigars keep burning out.

Other times lighting up a second makes me  appreciate the flavors of the first that I couldn’t appreciate originally. 

*I've only seen cigarette smokers "have one with one" and hard drinkers who "drink while they're drinking" - but haven't seen or heard of cigar smokers doing two at a time. I suppose there could be reasons, as you guys have mentioned above, why some folks, sampling them, might light up two at a time...

28 minutes ago, DeskSmkr said:

Not yet.

Good idea.

Sometimes I want more smoke volume from the Por Larrañaga Montecarlos and have overheated more than one trying.

Two at the same time should rightly solve that!

Really? The PLMC have always produced consistently the most smoke volume out of 85% of cigars I smoke. It's been quite impressive for its size, in my opinion.

9 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I once saw someone smoke 3 Culebras at the same time.  But I think that was because they thought that is what you are supposed to do.

That's what I did with my first a long time ago. Didn't know any better.?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

That's what I did with my first a long time ago. Didn't know any better.?

*Sometimes these things need to come with a set of smoking instructions: I still don't know if that knob/stump or whatever it is in the middle of the Entubar cigars is supposed to stay there or you pull it out? And with that Oscar "Leaf" - do you pull the cigar out of that wrap around leaf or leave it on while smoking? :blink:

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 11:32 PM, Derboesekoenig said:

Besides a culebras? No. I don't think that I would ever want to try this either. I have a tough enough time discerning single flavor notes in one cigar, let alone two different cigars simultaneously. But I do applaud those those that are able to do this

Give it a shot you might be surprised. The contrast between the two cigars sometimes highlights the unique flavors you wouldn't have  origianlly have picked up on.

other times it’s just a pain and not worth it 

42 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

Give it a shot you might be surprised. The contrast between the two cigars sometimes highlights the unique flavors you wouldn't have  origianlly have picked up on.

other times it’s just a pain and not worth it 

I'll try it with 2 PCs or minutos that are vastly different and see how it goes

17 minutes ago, Piligrim said:

When you smoke cigars without bands and should tell what exactly you are smoking.

Отправлено с моего ONEPLUS A5000 через Tapatalk

Ahhh true. Sounds like fun 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, Derboesekoenig said:

Really? The PLMC have always produced consistently the most smoke volume out of 85% of cigars I smoke. It's been quite impressive for its size, in my opinion.

I thought so, though I acknowledge your point and will be cognizant of this next time I have one.

I’m interpreting lack of smoke as a desire for more than just a nibble or a taste, and the PLMC are so good, I want to dig in for a nice big bite of smoke, and when I do, poof, too hot. Likely I need to concentrate on temperance, then do it.