Cigar inspired Colognes, have you ever worn one?

Fragrance is one of my other vices... I own over 100 bottles of cologne. Mostly niche fragrances or stuff from exclusive lines... Like the Tom Ford private blends. I'll second @Vadim123 and day that Tobacco Vanille is up there among the best. I also really like 18.21 Man Made Sweet Tobacco Spirits. If you haven't seen it before, I think it's affordable and very well blended. It smells like its name. Then the last one I'll mention and it's one of my most recent purchases is Mancera's Red Tobacco. Can get it all discounters and it's got staying power.

If you wanna rank these by value, I say

Red Tobacco

1821 MM

TFTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I actually have a bottle of Pure Havane and it's my signature/favourite scent. I love it. Some might not like it because it's quite sweet, you could even say sickly sweet. The tobacco/cigar note isn't overly strong. If you think sweet fragrances are feminine and you like rugged masculine stuff then it's probably not for you. I can't remember if I bought it partially due to the cigar association, it might've played a part in it. I really want to try Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, it's very expensive. Maybe some day.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of the tobacco genre in perfumes. TF Tobacco Vanille, Tobacco Oud, Parfum De Marley Herrod, but my favorite is Slumberhouse Baque.  It has a boozy smell.  Think of dried fruits soaked in rum.  As for the tobacco, its not cigar tobacco but a sweeter pipe tobacco smell.

The greatest tobacco fragrance ever will always be Creed’s Original Tabarome, sadly long discontinued. Should’ve bought some while it was still around - unopened bottles are worth a fortune now. 

• 1 year later...

I get most of my shaving supplies and colognes from a store called Stirling Soap company.  Like everything they do from shaving soaps to colognes to wax melts!  They have 2 tobacco scents - Haverford and Gentlemen.  Haverford is great and I really like it.  Never used the Gentlemen so buy at your own risk.  And that risk is only like 5 bucks for a sampler of cologne or soap!  Sounds like an ad but I've thrown out all my other shaving stuff and only use them now.

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&q=Haverford

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&q=gentlemen

• 1 year later...

I have to thank you fine gentlemen. :D

Throughout this Autumn/Winter I have worn Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. To me the perfect winter scent and while expensive, it has remarkable staying power (days). 

Spring is here and as we enter into summer I will transition to the Tom Ford Madarino de Amalfi. It reminds me of the July in the Amalfi coast every time I put it on :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Throughout this Autumn/Winter I have worn Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. To me the perfect winter scent and while expensive, it has remarkable staying power (days). 

Spring is here and as we enter into summer I will transition to the Tom Ford Madarino de Amalfi. It reminds me of the July in the Amalfi coast every time I put it on :D

Probably be cheaper to crush a handful of these and rub it on yourself....

image.jpeg.a66de2160b9dc4a2072e8e2a136c92a9.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Wow, theres a lot in that formulation, I'm surprised 'kitchen sink' is not in there,   The real question is can you pick up the 'Civet musk" notes?    As I always say, the greatest gourmand experiences always require just a little bit of funk, to elevate the whole composition. 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 08.17.17.jpg

29 minutes ago, 99call said:

The real question is can you pick up the 'Civet musk" notes?   

.....I mean...who can't? :rolleyes:

When living in Singapore I use to own two, "Mon" and "Goose". Eating mangoes together at the Mandai reserve was a favourite past time. 

For some reason I have thought of them often this past winter :thinking:

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:14 AM, SOFLO88 said:

I live in south Florida so this will make sense but I used to douse myself (when i was a kid) in that old school Cuban cologne that came in the shape of a cigar. This is the closed thing i found on google:

Had that cologne about 25 years ago.  I cannot remember how it smelled, but it wasn't awful.

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Interesting. Might have to search both out and see what they're like. 

I usually go with quieter scents (Gucci Rush for Men, Prada Infusion D'homme) that seem to fall in the unisex realm. Heaviest scent I've worn is Terre D'Hermes. The Madarino one sounds really nice and will have to check out the Tobacco Vanille...although staying power is usually not what I am looking for.