Cohiba - Double Lanceros (unique size custom made for Uday Saddam Hussein)

42 minutes ago, BarryVT said:

Seriously doubt Castro would have accepted that explanation! Lol

Well, Fidel smoked Lanceros so easier to make. Wrappers for 1) Cohiba, 2) that large, 3) uniform in color 4) thin and with sheen are hard enough to find, let alone without any physical imperfections or veins. Of all 5 of those criteria the physical imperfections are the least important. 

There might only be a few hundred leaves that fit all those criteria every harvest. You're talking about the ultimate wrapper leaf possible. The top 1% of the 1% of the 1%. God himself couldn't find it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

I still say the top row of dots on the Cohiba band doesn't look right. 

Standard Band C image

The dots should be cut/run to the very edge.  The ones posted have a very small black border above the dots. 

Case closed.

- Inspector Clouseau

Nah. I think this one is just printing variation. Scroll down on the CCW Cohiba page and look at some of the special releases from the early 2000s. Several bands show some black above the white squares:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/cohiba

Here's a pic of a CoLa I know to be genuine showing the same:cohiba-lanceros.jpg

12 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Nah. I think this one is just printing variation. Scroll down on the CCW Cohiba page and look at some of the special releases from the early 2000s. Several bands show some black above the white squares:

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/cohiba

Here's a pic of a CoLa I know to be genuine showing the same:cohiba-lanceros.jpg

You're right.

Myth busted.  

40 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Well, Fidel smoked Lanceros so easier to make. Wrappers for 1) Cohiba, 2) that large, 3) uniform in color 4) thin and with sheen are hard enough to find, let alone without any physical imperfections or veins. Of all 5 of those criteria the physical imperfections are the least important. 

There might only be a few hundred leaves that fit all those criteria every harvest. You're talking about the ultimate wrapper leaf possible. The top 1% of the 1% of the 1%. God himself couldn't find it. 

Maybe they should have told uday what they tell us about Behikes, no quality wrappers so no cigars! Besides did you notice the quality wrapper on original post?  

On 3/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, toledo1969 said:

Cohiba- Double Lanceros (unique size custom made for Uday Saddam Hussein)

10698546_1594556234107704_5534611542012484195_n.jpg

Based on the photo... is that a cigar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?!? ?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Maybe they should have told uday what they tell us about Behikes, no quality wrappers so no cigars! Besides did you notice the quality wrapper on original post?  

Do you want to be the one to have to tell Uday that? :o

Yes, wrapper availability is the primary bottleneck for most super premiums. 

FWIW, the look of the wrapper is well within the acceptable range for a CoLa. A bit veiny but no big deal. And yes, it looks like the OP pic example is a bit more aesthetically pleasing. 

Maybe Uday complained...

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2019 at 2:34 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm sure he enjoyed many while having members of the Iraqi soccer team tortured and executed...Uday was quite the psychopath. 

It worked. I mean these kids turned pro without being spoiled, and felt really good (play really well) under "freedom" 

2004 Olympics : 4th

2006 Asian Games: 2nd

2007 AFC Asian Cup: Cinderella (Winner) 

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, ATGroom said:

One thing I will note - the sticker on the box the cigarette shop merchant is holding definitely doesn't say "Double Lanceros." Hard to make out, but looks like "Esplendidos" to me.

This sold lot also shows "Esplendidos" so it looks like that's how they came. Why they would do that I have no idea. Just use the standard Lanceros sticker. 

https://www.onlinecigarauctions.com/sold_lot_info.php?products_id=6876

Those things are 38 x 336 (13.25")--literally nearly a "double Lanceros". :surprised:

• Thanks 1

ahh Castro gifts, Saddam was a pipe smoker, credit goes to Houari Boumédiène who was a big CC smoker and introduced him to Cigars. I did read somewhere that the length of his meetings were set up by the amount of sticks he brought with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• JohnS changed the title to Cohiba - Double Lanceros (unique size custom made for Uday Saddam Hussein)
6 hours ago, Arabian said:

ahh Castro gifts, Saddam was a pipe smoker, credit goes to Houari Boumédiène who was a big CC smoker and introduced him to Cigars. I did read somewhere that the length of his meetings were set up by the amount of sticks he brought with him.

Saddam was on another level... just puffing away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, rcarlson said:

I still say the top row of dots on the Cohiba band doesn't look right. 

Standard Band C image

The dots should be cut/run to the very edge.  The ones posted have a very small black border above the dots. 

Case closed.

- Inspector Clouseau

Those are not the “special event release” bands in your photo.