while you guys are freezing...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so pretty much every reputable scientist on the planet has it wrong and self-serving politicians have a better understanding than they do.  when the last human finally expires, at least they will

Let's see who argues in an intelligent way and who gets an early Easter break.  I am happy for you to discuss the issues and supply supporting data (either way).  Debate not the man, not the poli

How do we not know, that the climate we are experiencing now, is not a cycle the earth goes through every  million or so years?  What do you think humans were blaming the ice age on 2 million years ago?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Islandboy said:

I was just going to say how interesting the photos are, and how Ken, for once, had little to do with starting the s**tstorm. ? 

i made no initial comment, just posted the link to the photos. i thought that spoke for itself. 

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

i made no initial comment, just posted the link to the photos. i thought that spoke for itself. 

I know, that’s what I was trying to convey.

My only concern is how the poor seagulls are gonna get 4 square meals now that the dogs and their humans are on patrol :D

2 hours ago, BarryVT said:

How do we not know, that the climate we are experiencing now, is not a cycle the earth goes through every  million or so years?  What do you think humans were blaming the ice age on 2 million years ago?

Nobody was complaining about ice ages because they take 1000's of years to evolve. The reason we are complaining now is because WE have accelerated that natural cycle so that its effects are clearly noticeable within a human lifespan.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, IanMcLean68 said:

Nobody was complaining about ice ages because they take 1000's of years to evolve. The reason we are complaining now is because WE have accelerated that natural cycle so that its effects are clearly noticeable within a human lifespan.

Who said they didn't? I mean, that's what all those hand prints on the cave walls are. Over time, people got too lazy to hold up their whole hand, and now they just raise one finger...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Who said they didn't? I mean, that's what all those hand prints on the cave walls are. Over time, people got too lazy to hold up their whole hand, and now they just raise one finger...

Unknown.jpg.643230dfe4e61bc1c88a75c73f3d5242.jpg

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

We can't do this in the real world.

Couldn’t we though? Just cull... say... 100% of the population? ?

PS for the record I’m totally staying out of the argument at hand. Best to stick with ‘no comment’. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BarryVT said:

There is plenty of scientific evidence that higher levels of greenhouse gasses act almost as a blanket, trapping the suns heat and releasing havoc with the weather. While it is true that these gasses naturally fluctuate, the levels we see now are unprecedented.  CO2 produced from the burning of fossil fuels also produces a specific ion when compared to naturally occurring atmospheric CO2. That graph is a near perfect overlay as the one linked and provided here by NASA, which is just a total ppm levels of carbon dioxide.  I do wonder as well how much of the current weather is related to solar energy directed at the earth. The suns typical solar cycle lasts approximately 11 years as it bounces between solar minimum and solar maximum, however there was a 60 year period from 1645 to 1715 in which the solar cycle broke down. There is speculation that this caused "the mini ice age" that was reported during that time period.  Personally, right now, my money is on the majority of the climate anomalies being caused by mankind. 
Just in the last two weeks, Australia set a heat wave record and Chicago will set a temperature swing record. That is on top of numerous cold temp records set in the states. Five of the hottest years on record all have occurred in the 2010 decade, with 20 of the hottest years on record occurring in the last 30 years.  

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

as a species, we are a disgrace. 

We deserve whatever we end up with

Image result for plastic ocean island

My daughter came back from study at Warrnambool/Deakin. She is now a fully transformed young lady and has become quite the defender of our planet. Especially the oceans and reefs. And we most definitely are killing the planet in many ways. One thing is for sure, don’t be caught using a drinking straw in her presence ! She bought me a stainless steel one. Looking at that trash in the ocean convinces me she is spot on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, db13 said:

Science? According to some people on this planet man existed here with dinosaurs approx. 4000 years ago.

b32b90e3a2d664add0f24fb95f6a5b32.jpg.7a569af0aba5615449ab89f41340978d.jpg

• Haha 2

Whatever happened to nuclear fusion? Wasn’t that going to be the great leap forward that would clean up energy production all over the world?

Are we any closer? Everything else seems like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

44 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Whatever happened to nuclear fusion? Wasn’t that going to be the great leap forward that would clean up energy production all over the world?

Are we any closer? Everything else seems like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

I hope you mean cold fusion. We already have the normal kind, and that ain't exactly helpful. :P

• Like 1