Cigars with sweet milk/ Cream note

Hello!

My favourite note(with tobacco ofc) in cigars is sweet cream/ milk with vanilla and honey. 

I've found theese notes in Montecristo especial no 1 and cohiba coronas especiales. 

What other cigars do you advice me to try with theese notes? :)

also should I go for a box of Cohiba coronas especiales or Montecristo especial no2 (haven't tried it yet) on the generous offer FOH have right now?

thank you!

2 hours ago, AbasCigar said:

sweet cream/ milk with vanilla

If you want bang for your buck,  you get a great deal of creamy marshmallow vanilla with Fonseca 1

You may also enjoy,  All QDO, PL Picadores, Hoyo Epi 2, all non Maduro Cohiba, Trinidad Coloniales

• Like 2

I definitely agree only the Hoyo de Monterey Epicure No. 2, huge fan on those and definitely gives that sweet cream note. Likewise for most Cohibas, but I'd recommend particularly the Robusto, or as you noted the CCE. Also, if money wasn't an object I would go for CCE over Monte Especial No. 2 every day of the week. Limited sample size, but my roommate got a box of each and after trying a few and listening to his comments, the CCE's are some of the best cigars I've seen or tasted. While they can be good, the Montes were prone to plugs and have a much more concentrated flavor than the regular No. 2, and hence probably less of the flavor profile you're after.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crking3 said:

You think the monte especial no2 has a more concentrated flavor profile than the reg no2? What exactly do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my admittedly limited experience, I found the especially no. 2 to have similar flavor notes to the regular Monte No. 2, but to be a bit stronger and more full-flavored and a tad harsher, or at least more emphasis on coffee and tobacco flavors. Therefore I found the smooth creaminess of a regular Monte No. 2 to be more in the background in the especial. My experience could be colored by the fact that most of the especial No. 2's I sampled were fairly tight and tended to get quite hot no matter how slowly they were smoked.

Essentially I found the stronger flavors of the No. 2 to be even stronger in the especial No. 2, hence 'concentrated'.

32 minutes ago, OldEasy said:

Based on my admittedly limited experience, I found the especially no. 2 to have similar flavor notes to the regular Monte No. 2, but to be a bit stronger and more full-flavored and a tad harsher, or at least more emphasis on coffee and tobacco flavors. Therefore I found the smooth creaminess of a regular Monte No. 2 to be more in the background in the especial. My experience could be colored by the fact that most of the especial No. 2's I sampled were fairly tight and tended to get quite hot no matter how slowly they were smoked.

Essentially I found the stronger flavors of the No. 2 to be even stronger in the especial No. 2, hence 'concentrated'.

Really? Because I found the opposite. Both fresh boxes. Also way different flavor profiles to me.

Monte 2 definitely more strength of flavors, concentrated coffee, tobacco vs. more creaminess/smoothness of the Especial No2

• Like 1