Outer Cardboard packaging on boxes

Just wanted to get some responses and feedback on what you guys do with the cardboard packaging that covers boxes like Sir Winston’s, Cohiba Genios, Cohiba Lanceros etc.

For now I have kept them on my boxes and they got into the humidor. But I was thinking to trash them to open up some space.

Now that they seam to stamp both the box and cardboard with the date and code is it worth keeping the cardboard?

What do you do? Trash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep them for now but not in the humidor.  I am blanking on which one, but one doesn't stamp the code on the inside box.  Maybe the 898s?? 

• Like 1

I write the box code on an address label I affix to the bottle of the wooden box. I do keep the cardboard separately but now I’m getting ready to trash them.  The only reason to keep it is if you are going to resell, and I’m not going to do that. 

I don't like them in the humidor space because the cardboard absorbs too much moisture.  However I keep them because I gift some of my boxes and it's sometimes easier to wrap the whole thing.  So I take the cardboard off and store them separately on an empty shelf outside of the humi.

Here the box stays on until I open the box to smoke from it. Then all outer boxes go into the rycycle bin. 

Trash!  I don’t keep any boxes - cardboard or wood. They take up extra space.

Also I don’t like the idea of cardboard due to potential off-gassing of flavor, though, in this case, this is simply unfounded by fact.

Conversely, I can see the value in keeping them, if you like.  Seems to be personal preference and future use/resale, and/or if you prefer having all original packaging and enjoy opening it each time, which I do, and would, if I was willing to dedicate more space to storage.