Travel case?

I’m curious as to what everyone uses for a travel case? I’m considering a peter James, a project carbon (Projectcarbon.us) or on the much lower end a smok’n gear (https://www.smokngear.com/collections/all)

I’m really looking for something that can hold all the goodies as well..sticks, cutter, lighter, etc. 

anyone have ave any experience with any of them? What are you currently using? Bonus brownie points for a pic too.

cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Cigar Caddy cases. Utilitarian for sure, but at this point it’s all I want in a travel case. I use a 5ct & 10ct depending on situation. 10ct has two layers so you can put cutter/lighter apar

Traded a whole box of Fonseca No. 1’s plus five Dip 2’s for the original H. Upmann travel humidor from 2007.  The six Robustos were delicious, but the travel humidor is my companion on every trip I go

Cigar caddy all the way. Utilitarian function is of far greater value to me than flash. Small canvas tote for my equipment. Full kit: "50 ct" cigar caddy; "5ct" cigar caddy; canvas tote -

I use Xikar travel cases. I have a 5ct, 10ct and 15 ct. Stick a boveda bag if I am going for longer than a week. Work great and better than leather 3 fingers since I think the leather can affect the taste if in there for a long time.

• Like 2

I have a xikar travel case.  Use it with a boveda pack and it works great.  It can hold up to 18 to 25 cigars.  Inside has foam padding to protect the cigars.  Outside is made of a very hard plastic.  It doesn't impose any type of smell from the foam or plastic that effects the taste of the cigars.  Also very budget friendly compared to leather cases.  Only thing is it doesn't have designated spaces for accessories.

• Like 1

I love my Peter James case also, I use a few tubos for short term storage and a little added protection. It's great being able store all my accessories with a few smokes.  If I need more than 5 smokes the PJ case will hold, I'll opt for a hard case which will hold 10 smokes or my small pelican case for extended travel.  I was gifted a small PC 3 finger case and do not use it due to the pungent smell the case has,  haven't seen or held the larger PC case or know if they have the same issue.

50 minutes ago, LLC said:

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous but I’d be afraid to leave that sitting around in a cigar bar.  Despite my penchant for the finer things in life, I must confess that I prefer to use small, sturdy yet inexpensive cigar cases, as I would not care if I lost them and they fit in my pocket.  I’ve been using a Xikar tube for singles and a Craftmen’s Bench 2-finger hard-sided carrying case for years. 

5 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

Gorgeous but I’d be afraid to leave that sitting around in a cigar bar.  Despite my penchant for the finer things in life, I must confess that I prefer to use small, sturdy yet inexpensive cigar cases, as I would not care if I lost them and they fit in my pocket.  I’ve been using a Xikar tube for singles and a Craftmen’s Bench 2-finger hard-sided carrying case for years. 

I've been using my PJ for 3 years and I've never really thought about it like that. Never had any issues of it getting stolen. Now watch it get stolen after I post this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fashionable? I don’t really look at it like that. At least anymore than I look at those plastic travel cases as being fashionable Tupperware. It is a high quality, functional cigar accessory that I use everyday. To the OP, If you go this route, I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

I have a Dunhill terracotta leather travel humidor I picked up in London a few years ago as well as my (second, lost the first and my wonderful wife got me a replacement as a gift last year) Rimowa travel humidor, but I tend to use a simple Pelican case more often than not as my travel humidor. If I'm drinking I don't have to worry about scratching it like the aluminum Rimowa or leather Dunhill, and I can fit a fair amount of cigars plus a cutter and lighter in there.

I was pining for a Rimowa travel humidor as a perceived upgrade to my ugly Xikar plastic box. Finally picked one up in Germany and turned around and sold it within a week - looked cool, but way too heavy and bulky and the cigars were tumbling around inside when it wasn’t completely full with thicker RG sticks. What a disappointment.

3 hours ago, krish the fish said:

... but I tend to use a simple Pelican case more often than not as my travel humidor. If I'm drinking I don't have to worry about scratching it like the aluminum Rimowa or leather Dunhill, and I can fit a fair amount of cigars plus a cutter and lighter in there.

Same here. Pelican 1060 Micro for $20 on Amazon, cheap, bulletproof, holds a bunch of sticks.