What's everyone up to for the weekend?

This weekend I'm off on the last shoot of the season. Last weekend it ended up rather messy as it was my birthday and I was entertaining some lads from JCB for business - damm they can drink.

So this weekend I'm looking forward to a more calmer shoot without so much drinking and hopefully plan to not injure my ankle again. May even have a wonder through a few cover crops with a nice cigar on the go and observe the wild life.

So how about you chaps? Are you upto anything interesting and if not why not?!

• Like 1

In Florida at the moment, going to drive an hour due south to key West. Lots of cigar shops there, the one that stands out to me at the moment is Rodriguez cigar factory. First time there so any input or recommendations would be appreciated. 

Heading off to look at an ice cream maker.  Yes, fat bastard competition revolutionary strategy :party:

Gym.  Dinner with Di at a swanky restaurant.  Beach tomorrow or visit family (dependent on weather). 

Work for 4 hours tomorrow arvo. 

Cooking peking duck tomorrow evening. 

My elderly mom and stepdad have decided to downsize. Escrow closes in 3 weeks. For the next month or so of weekends, I expect to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting - both figuratively and literally.

784km ride this morning time for rest  wife is sending me to the supermarket  might have a cigar this arvo after that and tomorrow cooking Spaghetti bolognaise will probably spend about 3.5 hours doing that

Just finished lime plastering my middle room.  Keeping my fingers crossed I don't wake up tomorrow to find cracking, on the walls or my hands.  Thinking about it, I am going to open the window a bit more in there now.  

7 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

Prepping for snowmaggedon (5” to 8”) in Pennsylvania ? Hoping I can sneak out for a cigar at some point ?

Same here! Western PA. I am certainly not looking forward to the -10 to -25 degree (F) wind chill temps after this system pulls out. Enjoying one cigar before the serious cold snap.

Olympic Standard pottering about. Bugger all planned and nothing important to get in the way of doing it. Soaking up the glorious void of a blank couple of days.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 1

Enjoying being a first time dad with my two month old baby boy watching hoops and the NFL playoffs. He has put a serious dent in my weekly cigar quota but I’ve never minded it less. And between not eating out and the Mrs not drinking wine because she’s trying to get back in shape I may actually somehow save money having had a baby (likely an overstatement given his wardrobe). 

• Like 3

My wife and I took are taking the kids to Disney World this week. We left Boston this morning so today was the first day. Spent the day at the pool and Disney Springs, where we had a great dinner. Now the kids are asleep and I’m sitting in my balcony enjoying a cigar. Tomorrow we will be at Animal Kingdom until the Patriots game kicks off.

Moved into a new house about two years ago. Been meaning to build a garden for my wife again. Had a great one in the last house. Spent the day leveling soil, laying chicken wire and weed paper. Built three 4x8 ft and one 4x4 garden boxes.  Tomorrow is dirt and drip irrigation day and hooking it into the landscape irrigation system.

Snuck in a couple cigars and a couple beers. Gotta stay hydrated!!

I will post up pictures tomorrow when I'm done if I remember and can still move :)

• Like 2

I had a weekend of photography planned, then the snow hit and the temperature bombed.

And the second season of The Punisher dropped on Netflix. And I realised that a new series of the Grand Tour had started on Amazon. And the new season of Star Trek Discovery had also started.

So it’s a good job it’s snowing, really.

Otherwise I’d feel like a seriously lazy git.?

• Like 1

Had to work yesterday temps here on the west coast have ramped up ,well it is that time of the year nearly 40.c yesterday 35.c in the factory I work in today is 41.c plan on being inside with the aircon on later as is cools looking forward to a nice stick at this stage a QDO50  

on another note picked up a screw in my tyre on the way to work pressure sensor went off no big deal but I have an mx5 (No spare) 

had to call mobile tyre guy $110.00 later of my overtime ??

Had to work yesterday temps here on the west coast have ramped up ,well it is that time of the year nearly 40.c yesterday 35.c in the factory I work in today is 41.c plan on being inside with the aircon on later as is cools looking forward to a nice stick at this stage a QDO50  
on another note picked up a screw in my tyre on the way to work pressure sensor went off no big deal but I have an mx5 (No spare) 
had to call mobile tyre guy $110.00 later of my overtime
Was that all one sentence? I wish I could understand what you said lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 1/18/2019 at 6:02 PM, Jimmy_jack said:

Going to a local blacksmith and forging a knife. Something I’ve always wanted to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's awesome, I love DIY stuff and forging is definitely high on my list. I taught myself to build analog audio electronics a year or two back and would love to forge a Damascus control plate for an amplifier or something like that (as well as knives). Those photos are awesome, looks like the day was a success!

Personally I drove over the hill with a fellow forum member to catch Sumac play in the San Fernando Valley Friday, and just hung out and had a lazy day today.