What's on for your weekend?

I'm heading down to the Gold Coast to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in ages, and I think my eldest boy is driving down to join in the shenanigans, too. Such a great thing to have a few drinks with the lad! 

Also, going to the Magic Millions race day on Saturday. The Magic Millions is a rich 2yo race. And I figure if they're handing out prizes for exemplary 2yo behaviour, then I'm in with a good shot if I have enough to drink. :rotfl:

I'll hopefully post up some pics on Monday... Hopefully. Feel free to post up your own pics. 

Regardless, have a great weekend (when it is that it rolls around to the weekend for you, of course)! Would love to hear about and see what you all get up to... :buddies:

2 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

I'm heading down to the Gold Coast to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in ages, and I think my eldest boy is driving down to join in the shenanigans, too. Such a great thing to have a few drinks with the lad! 

Also, going to the Magic Millions race day on Saturday. The Magic Millions is a rich 2yo race. And I figure if they're handing out prizes for exemplary 2yo behaviour, then I'm in with a good shot if I have enough to drink. :rotfl:

I'll hopefully post up some pics on Monday... Hopefully. Feel free to post up your own pics. 

Regardless, have a great weekend (when it is that it rolls around to the weekend for you, of course)! Would love to hear about and see what you all get up to... :buddies:

I'll see you at Magic Millions! Put some money on Race 7 Horse 1 

1 minute ago, MoeFOH said:

Thanks for the tip, Ben! 

Are you just going general admission or are you in catered event thingo?

Catered event thingo but I'll give you a text/call so we can catch up for a beer :party:

1 hour ago, bayala said:

I'll see you at Magic Millions! Put some money on Race 7 Horse 1 

The horse belongs to your father inlaw Ben. :rolleyes:

Give us the inside word on the horse.....how is it looking

13 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The horse belongs to your father inlaw Ben. :rolleyes:

Give us the inside word on the horse.....how is it looking

Second favourite and beat the favourite by 4.5 lengths two weeks ago. Looking good ?

42 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

My wife and two little girls all have the stomach flu. I will be playing with Lysol trash bags and paper towels all weekend. You all have fun now.

My guess is I will catch it Sunday evening just in time to wreck my work week.

EEEEEK. 

I wish a quick recovery to the household mate! Hang tough!

I'm gonna try to smoke with some friends early Saturday. I tried catching up with @SigmundChurchill last Saturday but woke up with a headache. If you're around and wanna give it another whirl Elliot, let me know. Sunday is my niece's 6th birthday party. I'll be sure to bring my brother a nice stick. Might have to be short cause temps in NE are dropping like a rock. 

Other than that generally getting ready for Argentina/Uruguay trip with the boys. Head out of JFK not this Friday but the following. Going to spend a week in Punta del Este. All the best gents, especially Harvey. Sending along some healing vibes brother!

Cheers

The-Broadmoor-Xmas.thumb.jpg.a7f64e6872b30997dacb5743a3068c67.jpg

I'm spending the weekend with some colleagues in Colorado Springs at this old beauty.  We try to get together in January when things calm down a bit with work.  December is always too hectic! Its going to be a bit on the chilly side though-high tomorrow is 37/2, Sat and Sun dont look much better.  Fortunate for us, there will be whisky...

• Like 1

Freedom Friday begins and ends with cigars. Perhaps some rum, cards and conversation in between.

8 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

I'm gonna try to smoke with some friends early Saturday. I tried catching up with @SigmundChurchill last Saturday but woke up with a headache. If you're around and wanna give it another whirl Elliot, let me know. Sunday is my niece's 6th birthday party. I'll be sure to bring my brother a nice stick. Might have to be short cause temps in NE are dropping like a rock. 

Other than that generally getting ready for Argentina/Uruguay trip with the boys. Head out of JFK not this Friday but the following. Going to spend a week in Punta del Este. All the best gents, especially Harvey. Sending along some healing vibes brother!

Cheers

It works for me.  I’m working Sunday, but I am off Saturday.

20 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

My wife and two little girls all have the stomach flu. I will be playing with Lysol trash bags and paper towels all weekend. You all have fun now.

My guess is I will catch it Sunday evening just in time to wreck my work week.

In a miracle of miracles, all three of them woke up this morning and we're feeling much much better. My wife did stay home with them from school but by midday they were all better and just playing around.

With that being said, I was able to go to my weekly flight lesson and did my first solo!!!

Super excited and cannot wipe this ear-to-ear grin from my face. Celebrated with a cigar that I always keep in my flight bag.

What a turnaround for the weekend.

20190111_162034.jpg

20190111_161929.jpg

Tonight, have dinner with friends. We are having pizza and a nice 2012 bottle of French red one of my friends asked to try when I told him how much I liked it.  It’s made up from 60% Tannat, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, lots of tannin, too much for some, but just what I love.

Anyone else discover tannat varietal and have thoughts?

Saturday some home maintenance with rain gutters, and the concrete perimeter, laundry, relaxation, tax prep, reposition and fill a 40 gallon aquarium a friend gave me, and see what else I feel like.

Probably get together with some friends early Sunday afternoon.