What makes a great FOH member and or MOD?

I love this cyber castle in the sky they call FOH or FOHL-HALLA, but It can sometimes be a great mirror to the content of your character, and the make up of your morals. I'd be interested to hear from everyone what makes a great member?

For instance I like to try to be good, but sometimes my enthusiasm, and the fact I don't always think through ramifications of my actions, means I sometimes step in piles of muck, that would of been better avoided if I'd of stopped and counted to 10. 

I'm always very impressed with the considered and accurate judgement of the MODs, it's something I would never be capable of.  What do you think FOH? is it an easy path to walk? What makes a great member?

Getting involved is the thing. Chuck in your twopenneth where you see fit and know when to bail if a discussion looks like being an argument.
As Kenny Rogers once said:

You've got to know when to hold 'em / Know when to fold 'em / Know when to walk away / And know when to run…

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Haha 1

I'll admit to having been inactive for a long time mostly due to low budget having small children; and due to that regularly smoking nc's.  To remedy that im now posting and buying boxes from rob.  Hopefully i can atone for my lack of engagement!

• Like 1

I like to think I’m a respectable chap, especially here at FOH where I come to relax, decompress, and maybe learn a thing or two.  But I don’t envy the duties of a MOD and I’d likely muck the job up completely. First, I have a love/hate relationship with rules in general. The real world simply isn’t one size fits all, nor is it zero tolerance. I always try to abide by the intent of a rule....a flawed approach at times. And secondly, I’m a mellow dude who's made it a major goal in life to avoid drama, and I rarely take things seriously.

My hat is off to the MOD’s here, as they all seem to have that special touch when it comes to eloquently addressing issues. Especially the issues created by Ken :lol3:.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Islandboy said:

My hat is off to the MOD’s here, as they all seem to have that special touch when it comes to eloquently addressing issues. Especially the issues created by Ken :lol3:.   

"eloquently addressing issues"   Yes, I think that defines us  .......

Eloquence is fluent, forcible, elegant or persuasive speaking.
It is primarily the power of expressing strong emotions in striking and appropriate language, thereby producing conviction or persuasion.

and if that fails......we have the power to ban. :clap:

• Like 4