What is something you once heard another human say that still makes you laugh or cringe?

14 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Yeah.  It's basic pharmacokinetics.  

On the other hand, the red pill effect may last a lifetime.

?

Don’t I know. I can’t be with a group of 3 people or more for very long without bringing ‘em down. Thankfully there’s alcohol to counter the effects. And cats, of course.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Ribeye said:

This was said to an employee when one only wants to speak with the boss.

"I don't want to talk to the monkey, I want to talk to the organ grinder"

I have adopted this as my signature. Any complaints, see the organ grinder.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

So everyone born 1981-1996? :rotfl:

I wanna know where the LSD/spinal fluid myth came from. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it

I'm not prejudiced ?

Seriously though, what you say is true. I really should't make generalised statements like that!

18 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I wanna know where the LSD/spinal fluid myth came from. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it

Without knowing much science it does sound possible, doesn't shingles do something similar, hang around in your spinal nerve tissue or something? 

11 hours ago, IanMcLean68 said:

I'm not prejudiced ?

Seriously though, what you say is true. I really should't make generalised statements like that!

HA! I understand where you're coming from though. All you need is to have a conversation, or attempt rather, with a few random people born in those years and 50/50 chances are that you will have made these generalizations. This is if they put their phones down long enough...

• Like 1

Shingles is a viral infection though. As far as I know it doesn't. Any docs in the house?
If you've had chicken pox, shingles is inside of you waiting to come out. Something like 75% will get it. My friend just had it, not fun. I don't know how it stays dormant in your system, but it's definitely there if you've had chicken pox...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, prodigy said:

If you've had chicken pox, shingles is inside of you waiting to come out. Something like 75% will get it. My friend just had it, not fun. I don't know how it stays dormant in your system, but it's definitely there if you've had chicken pox...

Oh great. I think I've read that you can get a temp vaccine for shingles? I think I need to look into getting one of these...lol I know quite a few people in the 20-30 year old range that have gotten shingles. I think it's been stress-induced. I would not want to ever get shingles--sounds really miserable.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, JGD said:

“If you get a ticket from a state trooper who isn’t wearing a hat you don’t have to pay the fine.” - A guy I went to high school with who truly believed this. 

I heard this one before from a ton of people when I was younger.  I "heard" it was based on old bullshit laws and technicalities if you went to court.  Who knows if it was ever true.  

On 12/27/2018 at 10:44 AM, MikeinKS said:

My wife would kill me if she knew I recounted this one, but I left my cellphone at home one day.  When I got home from work that evening, there was a text on it from her stating, "Honey, you left your cellphone at home.  Let me know if you want me to bring it to you."  ?

This is absolutely golden LOL!

On 12/27/2018 at 10:11 AM, prodigy said:

Anytime I hear kids born after the year 2000 talking to each other, I cringe...

I mean...

Literally...

Triggered...

the 3 ways to know you're dealing with a snowflake.

The price of real estate never goes down.

Or any such nonsense that real estate never can lose value.