Aristocrat Humidor Shopping

4 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Untreated wood is not mean to get soaked with water. It really makes you wonder who started that trend of wiping down the wood... weird 

Impatient people, always looking for solutions to non-problems.  ??

Agreed.  Never wipe down your humidor.  It will distort at worst and raise the grain at best.

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is being delivered from Bob on Thursday of this week.  I ordered June 25th. 

Make more room if you can and go as large as possible, but whichever you choose, you will love it....Highly recommend pull out shelves, glad I have them.  Mine is a M+ THC. Have tinkered with the idea

5 hours ago, BJRPorter said:

12 years, and looks like new. Two things though.

1. At 12 years of age, I’m really curious in the inventory picture.

2. If those speakers are in use, move them out from the wall when in use. Sound will be 100X better.

Speakers as well as humi are off the wall by 8 inches. Inventory is actually getting low enough to start buying again in the near future. Gotta love the retro shag carpet basement ! There is a home built bar off screen. I just cant bare to renovate down there !

452995F9-3FFF-4177-B265-2960ECE73F7C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golf4less said:

Mine came with an electronic humidifier, set it and wait a few days till it remains steady. But here is a link with everything you should need. 

https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/11-humidor-tutorial/

1 hour ago, GotaCohiba said:

My $.02

Never, ever, never wipe down a humidor to get it seasoned 

Too much water for the wood too fast

45 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

No, never wipe the inside walls of a humidor with water! You will shock the wood. I have an end table style cabinet and use the cigar oasis humidifier unit ( the largest one they make). When the cabinet was new, I just let the humidifier condition it for about 2 days and then placed all my boxes inside. With active humidification as opposed to passive, it will humidify a cabinet humidor very easily. And the more boxes you keep in it, the less hard the humidifier will have to work.

If yours is a large desktop style, use a 320 gram Boveda pack. They are very large, the size of a paperback book. 

27 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Untreated wood is not mean to get soaked with water. It really makes you wonder who started that trend of wiping down the wood... weird 

23 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

Impatient people, always looking for solutions to non-problems.  ??

Agreed.  Never wipe down your humidor.  It will distort at worst and raise the grain at best.

Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated. In this case, I have already whiped it down so it is little bit too late. What is the effect of this whipe down method if it goes wrong? The thing is, every video I watched either said "Whipe down method" or "Boveda 84%". The Humidor is too big for the Boveda 84% method, I believe. 

I don't think I am necessary doomed here, it seems to work fine however, I don't have a reference point going on here so I don't know... The only thing I wonder is how often I should recharge my HF beads? I feel like I have to do this every 2-2,5 weeks. Before the humidor I used a plastidoor which I had to refill every 3-4 months. I assume the wood sucks the humidity pretty well. 

The Humidor I have bought is the Adorini Bari Deluxe version. Small/Medium sized cabinet. 

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I feel like there is very little information regarding larger humidors if I don't use electric humidifiers. 

Setup is for the moment:

Half-full humidor, more cigars on the way.

2 pound HF beads at 65%. Rechardged two days ago, humidity at 65-67% ATM. 

Last question: Is it possible to store all humidity at the bottom of the humidor? Or should I place a sock in each compartment? 

Thank you beforehand for your help.

adorini-bari-deluxe-humidorschrank.jpg

Edited by Borna
Not my picture. Found via Google.

Your right what’s done is done and your probably fine but good for people in the future to know it’s better not to do it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokum said:

Speakers as well as humi are off the wall by 8 inches. Inventory is actually getting low enough to start buying again in the near future. Gotta love the retro shag carpet basement ! There is a home built bar off screen. I just cant bare to renovate down there !

452995F9-3FFF-4177-B265-2960ECE73F7C.jpeg

Nice reference book on the top left of the humidor 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated. In this case, I have already whiped it down so it is little bit too late. What is the effect of this whipe down method if it goes wrong? The thing is, every video I watched either said "Whipe down method" or "Boveda 84%". The Humidor is too big for the Boveda 84% method, I believe. 
I don't think I am necessary doomed here, it seems to work fine however, I don't have a reference point going on here so I don't know... The only thing I wonder is how often I should recharge my HF beads? I feel like I have to do this every 2-2,5 weeks. Before the humidor I used a plastidoor which I had to refill every 3-4 months. I assume the wood sucks the humidity pretty well. 
The Humidor I have bought is the Adorini Bari Deluxe version. Small/Medium sized cabinet. 
Sorry for hijacking this thread. I feel like there is very little information regarding larger humidors if I don't use electric humidifiers. 
Setup is for the moment:
Half-full humidor, more cigars on the way.
2 pound HF beads at 65%. Rechardged two days ago, humidity at 65-67% ATM. 

Last question: Is it possible to store all humidity at the bottom of the humidor? Or should I place a sock in each compartment? 

Thank you beforehand for your help.

adorini-bari-deluxe-humidorschrank.thumb.jpg.d8272820b8f149e5f7ce824f7fc66b3f.jpg
It's customary to introduce yourself in the new member thread prior to requesting information. You've also hijacked a thread about high end cabinet humidors to ask about seasoning a cheap desktop humidor. There's a lot of glass on yours, so I doubt there was any damage from wiping.

This site has a wealth of knowledge and the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Do a little reading and researching before going off topic in threads with your first post...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov
34 minutes ago, prodigy said:

You've also hijacked a thread about high end cabinet humidors to ask about seasoning a cheap desktop humidor. 

Cheap desktop? I have a Bari cabinet and I'd hardly call a $1k Adorini "cheap."

8 hours ago, prodigy said:

It's customary to introduce yourself in the new member thread prior to requesting information. You've also hijacked a thread about high end cabinet humidors to ask about seasoning a cheap desktop humidor. There's a lot of glass on yours, so I doubt there was any damage from wiping.

This site has a wealth of knowledge and the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Do a little reading and researching before going off topic in threads with your first post...

Hey! Thank you for your feedback, I get it.

Not so sure if the humdior was cheap though, but thank you for your answer, much appreciated. 

Cheap desktop? I have a Bari cabinet and I'd hardly call a $1k Adorini "cheap."
I guess I saw the picture and assumed. Regardless, this was not the appropriate thread for his question, or his first post on FOH. I guess "overpriced" would be the correct adjective in this case lol.

Hey! Thank you for your feedback, I get it.
Not so sure if the humdior was cheap though, but thank you for your answer, much appreciated. 
I see now that it is by no means cheap. My point is there are a lot of people here willing to help, myself included. It's just rude to come in asking questions prior to introducing yourself to the forum and this specific thread is really not the correct one to be asking your question. It's ok, we all make mistakes.

Considering that is more glass than wood, I doubt you've done any damage from using the wipe down method.