Aristocrat Humidor Shopping

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is being delivered from Bob on Thursday of this week.  I ordered June 25th. 

Make more room if you can and go as large as possible, but whichever you choose, you will love it....Highly recommend pull out shelves, glad I have them.  Mine is a M+ THC. Have tinkered with the idea

2 hours ago, stogieluver said:

As TBird said, go larger than you think you need and I wish I had ordered pull out shelves.  

My M+.  No temp control because my house stays a constant 70 dF year round plus or minus a degree or two. 

I don’t know how many boxes there are but you can double the number you see due to each shelf being double stacked front and back.  I keep my inventory on an excel spreadsheet and  note what shelf and front or back on each box.  

E74CE1E1-BE3A-41D0-A7DD-04D31FF4E449.thumb.jpeg.fa39c31cc1b3460189e2460620ed3dff.jpeg0012B47E-BBA0-4721-86EA-8CEB05436FD4.thumb.jpeg.65c4f477ff4f576ba77d7bebe3000c3e.jpegBFFCD23F-42BC-4D72-83C4-3B531DA4270A.thumb.jpeg.73f91da60ee9c33b7c8ef8d36daf897d.jpeg

Nice drawer!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBird55 said:

Nothing that a few pair of shoes, or a nice piece of jewelry wouldn't cure...?

Hah!  Two-caret diamond stud earrings and two Burberry purses this year and she's made up a lot of ground.  She's half way to my $35,000 worth of stock in that humi, and Christmas is yet to come.  :(   

• Haha 1

I'm currently in the works of getting an Aristocrat myself, but I'm working to get a custom built one. The space I have for it is only 32'' wide, so I'm hoping he can build me a custom humidor that is a blend of two of his commercial style humidors. 20'' deep, 84'' tall, 32'' wide. Figure I can have 4 angled display shelves and 2 shelves for stacking boxes on top of one another, and then have the humidity control sit on the bottom of the unit. I'm thinking across the 4 display shelves I'll be able to have 28-32 boxes, one opened and then the second box sitting in wait behind it, and then another 50-60 boxes on the two shelves below it. Can't wait!

Please share some pictures of his warehouse, I'd love to see progress photos of all of the projects he's working on!

2 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Hah!  Two-caret diamond stud earrings and two Burberry purses this year and she's made up a lot of ground.  She's half way to my $35,000 worth of stock in that humi, and Christmas is yet to come.  :(   

I just picked up a 6.6 carat necklace in Qatar to give her for Valentines/Christmas when I get back from this deployment. Hopefully that eases the pain of the delivery boys being at our house a few days after I get back!

1 hour ago, joshhooper7 said:

Please share some pictures of his warehouse, I'd love to see progress photos of all of the projects he's working on!

Will do ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtapia3 said:

I placed my order for an M Plus 25D THC a couple weeks ago. But I’m still debating whether I should go with the glass doors or solid wood. Based on the hot climate here in SoCal, Mr Staebell recommend I go with the solid wood doors to maximize the life of the cooling unit. However, I prefer the look of the glass doors. Does anyone living in a hotter climate have cooling issues with glass doors? 

I live in OC & have the wood doors with temp control & have no temp issues. I don't think glass doors will be an issue with temp control unless the sun hits the cabinet. You wouldn't want it to be in the sun anyway or it will fade the wood.High humidity has been an issue for me because I am near the ocean. Bob doesn't have a system that removes humidity. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TBird55 said:

Make more room if you can and go as large as possible, but whichever you choose, you will love it....Highly recommend pull out shelves, glad I have them.  Mine is a M+ THC. Have tinkered with the idea of selling it and getting larger. Decided to just keep it and add another.

20160105_192421-1.jpg

20181001_182132.jpg

Holy mother of Esplindidos!

• Like 1

As per most of your recommendations, that you always buy bigger than you need.  I am the poster child of the reason you get more space than you need. In fact, I too have a beautiful M+ THC Aristocrat, which I must sadly/proudly sell as I have outgrown the beauty.  And living in a condo in Los Angeles, doesn't allow me to keep the Aristocrat and the countless coolers. So, if anyone is interested here are some photos of my M+ with THC, perfect working condition, please DM for additional information.  Again, its located in Southern California, and sorry but the cigars are not included haha.IMG_0340.thumb.jpg.59a6aff017c0ac32867098fd77116b91.jpgIMG_0342.thumb.jpg.777350a9f748cb8cbedc6cd03a414551.jpgIMG_0344.thumb.jpg.bacddba3bef70551fb963fdb66c43a77.jpg

7 hours ago, sikfrayme said:

As per most of your recommendations, that you always buy bigger than you need.  I am the poster child of the reason you get more space than you need. In fact, I too have a beautiful M+ THC Aristocrat, which I must sadly/proudly sell as I have outgrown the beauty.  And living in a condo in Los Angeles, doesn't allow me to keep the Aristocrat and the countless coolers. So, if anyone is interested here are some photos of my M+ with THC, perfect working condition, please DM for additional information.  Again, its located in Southern California, and sorry but the cigars are not included haha.IMG_0340.thumb.jpg.59a6aff017c0ac32867098fd77116b91.jpgIMG_0342.thumb.jpg.777350a9f748cb8cbedc6cd03a414551.jpgIMG_0344.thumb.jpg.bacddba3bef70551fb963fdb66c43a77.jpg

A little tetra action, and you have room for another 20-30 boxes...?

3 hours ago, TBird55 said:

A little tetra action, and you have room for another 20-30 boxes...?

Actually, I had this humidor totally emptied out and in the meantime while I was prepping the new setup. I filled this one back up....yes....i have a problem. But, dont we all?! I should have my new setup all buttoned up in the next couple weeks, and I upload some photos of my wineador conversions.

Mine is about 18 months old and is the M plus THC. I have two pull out drawers and 3 shelves that also can be pulled out (you want this). I bought this one to replace my Aristocrat end table humidor (holds about 35 boxes). Well, after consolidating from the end table humidor and 4 lockers at the cigar club, I ended up with almost no room left in the M + humidor. So, as others had stated, buy more than you think you need. Currently I have roughly 74 boxes (including loose cigars in the 2 drawers) in the M+ humidor and 30 boxes in the end table humidor.

Since I live in the Dallas area, I was able to use a moving van to bring  the M plus to my home. It did take 3 full sized men to get this into my home. I wanted it upstairs but realized we didn't have enough muscle, so I settled for downstairs bedroom. Bob Staebell is a very talented wood worker and humidor builder. He does a fair amount of custom woodwork in addition to humidors.

20181024_190456_resized.jpg

20181024_190427_resized.jpg

20181024_190610_resized.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, smokin.joe said:

Mine is about 18 months old and is the M plus THC. I have two pull out drawers and 3 shelves that also can be pulled out (you want this). I bought this one to replace my Aristocrat end table humidor (holds about 35 boxes). Well, after consolidating from the end table humidor and 4 lockers at the cigar club, I ended up with almost no room left in the M + humidor. So, as others had stated, buy more than you think you need. Currently I have roughly 74 boxes (including loose cigars in the 2 drawers) in the M+ humidor and 30 boxes in the end table humidor.

Since I live in the Dallas area, I was able to use a moving van to bring  the M plus to my home. It did take 3 full sized men to get this into my home. I wanted it upstairs but realized we didn't have enough muscle, so I settled for downstairs bedroom. Bob Staebell is a very talented wood worker and humidor builder. He does a fair amount of custom woodwork in addition to humidors.

20181024_190456_resized.jpg

20181024_190427_resized.jpg

20181024_190610_resized.jpg

Thanks for the storage quantity info. I currently have 46 boxes, with 3 more incoming, so the M+ should be more than sufficient and I can always buy another at a later date.

Aristocrat Plus

Something like 40 boxes with quite a bit of space for a few more and a bunch of odds and ends in the drawer. I like wood doors. I think it's a better look. Doors keep the cigars in the dark and they prevent nosey people from seeing my cigars.   One drawer is plenty for me, I take out cigars every once in a while and put them in a desk top. 

fullsizeoutput_daf.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_dad.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wineguy said:

This just arrived and it looks fantastic. Perfect conduction and when you look at the detail of the work Bob does it is a work of art. It is not as dark as these look.  Color is great!

Wow, Absolutely stunning!!  Is a 3-4 month wait time fairly common? 

15 minutes ago, golf4less said:

Wow, Absolutely stunning!!  Is a 3-4 month wait time fairly common? 

Bob told me 12 weeks be looked to be about 14... at the very end his glass suppler has a broken beveling machine and needed a part from Germany.   It was worth it for sure. 

Stopped in and talked to Bob on Friday, very nice man, placed my order and gave him a deposit. Below are the details, with a 12-14 week completion time frame.

Aristocrat M  w/digital Set & Forget humidification
Dimensions: 39 1/2" w x 19" d x 40"high  (crown top/dx curved base molding))
Case:  36" wide x 17" deep x 40" high (includes doors)
Natural Cherry
Quilted Maple Inlay Top
Crown Molding
DX external drawer/accessories
Bevel Glass Doors
1 ea internal drawer/loose cigars
2 ea full extension shelves
DX curved base molding
Lock & keys/doors
Bronze Hardware