FOH: A Week In Pictures.

5 hours ago, joeypots said:

Skied Copper Mountain, Colorado, last week with my ski club. This is a great mountain. A couple of shots of the ski area, me, and the bros. I only wish some of these guys liked a cigar but when you go from sea level to a hotel room at 10000 feet + one best get acclimated altitude before indulging in anything that might affect you lungs. 

Love Copper! It was favorite when I lived out there. Looks like we're going to Keystone for our trip this year.....

• Like 4

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

14 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Love Copper! It was favorite when I lived out there. Looks like we're going to Keystone for our trip this year.....

Nothing wrong with that trip! Have fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Beautiful.

It looks like an average night in Pyongyang North Korea

😁

Third one this week today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Hayes said:

I humbly declare it's Manzanilla and tapas evening. Question for Ken - Is Manzanilla often rusty in colour like a ginger beer? Is that aged or is it heat affected? Didn't smell musty at all. And very complex. I might just be used to the cheap claro stuff that is a little less refined, sharper and more on the sea salt/sea shell/kelp/sea lettuce side. Very much enjoyed this one. Just surprised. Cheers.

hi bill. assuming this was one of the navazos? they tend to have much older bottlings than are usual. so not a great surprise. does seem a little darker than usual but it would not be such to be ruled out. from your tasting, sounds as though it is in fine form. having a lustau manzanilla at the moment. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

hi bill. assuming this was one of the navazos? they tend to have much older bottlings than are usual. so not a great surprise. does seem a little darker than usual but it would not be such to be ruled out. from your tasting, sounds as though it is in fine form. having a lustau manzanilla at the moment. 

Thanks for the feedback Ken. Yes, it's the navazos. Have half a bottle left for this evening. Will try the navasos fino next week, then the lustau amontillado after. Hope you enjoyed the lustau. I also had a umpmann connie2 that was really good. Quite the surprise. I tried one too early and didn't think much of it but 3 months later and I see what people are talking about. Cheers, have a great day.

IMG_8112.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/1/2022 at 5:52 AM, joeypots said:

Skied Copper Mountain, Colorado, last week with my ski club. This is a great mountain. A couple of shots of the ski area, me, and the bros. I only wish some of these guys liked a cigar but when you go from sea level to a hotel room at 10000 feet + one best get acclimated altitude before indulging in anything that might affect you lungs.

Great pics of a great mountain-I've spent a lot of time there with my family and that's where we learned to ski.  I miss it!! 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

You buy the jL ? How much in Cuba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, unfortunately I never saw them for sale and they weren'tevenon the LCDH price list. I snapped the pic from a friend's collection who was fortunate to pick them up a week or two earlier. I'm not sure what he paid.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:55 PM, westg said:

Last day for abolone. 4 Saturdays a year 1hr per Saturday

Magnificent mate. Let us know how you cooked and prepared them. Black lip? Is that a green lip top right? Cheers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Magnificent mate. Let us know how you cooked and prepared them. Black lip? Is that a green lip top right? Cheers.

Mate ...put half in a Thermo mix and blended to make burgers , pretty simple 20mm ab burger homemade tartare sauce brioche bun . 

The other half went in a risotto which was absolutely magnificent . These are roe abolone . For the big greens we have to travel a couple of South with a retired abolone diver where everything is much bigger there mate 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, westg said:

Mate ...put half in a Thermo mix and blended to make burgers , pretty simple 20mm ab burger homemade tartare sauce brioche bun . 

The other half went in a risotto which was absolutely magnificent . These are roe abolone . For the big greens we have to travel a couple of South with a retired abolone diver where everything is much bigger there mate 

Fantastic. Never tried those recipes. Sounds delish. Cheers