Comp: From 1970 to now. The one cigar you could bring back ...at least for yourself.

The Habanos sa cigar fairy takes another swig from the bottle of Santago 11 as she looks over the Malecon from her balcony apartment. She muses,  "It was never meant to be like this".  Her reason for existance  was to bring joy to lovers of habanos all over the world. Her reality is being stuck in a room as "a guest" of the  of the evil empire being forced to touch her wand to the  latest Talisman and 90,000 euro humidor. The  touch of the wand opens wallets and removes all common sense :D

Frustrated, lonely, angry, drunk.....she decides to rebel and grant a random habanos lover his or her wish of a lifetimes supply of any cigar since the 1970's (in existance or discontinued).  

Give some thought as to your favouirite vitola, your preferred marca and cigar flavour profile.  If you need a hand, reference www.cubancigarwebsite for some ideas. 

Try to google up a photo of what you decide upon and put it up in this thread. Let us know the reason why you chose it. 

let's do this as a draw and I will put up a 3 cigar aged sampler to the winner drawn Friday afternoon our time :ok:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diplomatico #6 In my opinion, the HSA portfolio needs 2 things, more regular production Diplomatico Vitolas and more long and skinny formats Lets kill 2 birds with one stone

Any cigar? Then it's the Dunhill Malecon for me! Chose this as the one I had chance to smoke was fantastic and I'd welcome the opportunity to smoke these on a regular basis. Cabinetta w

I'm not saying I'd win but I'm a mod so I excuse myself from the competition but I need to post this. Someone else posted the Dunhill Malecon, once of the best cigars I've ever had, and in great

5 minutes ago, Benzopyrene said:

partagas SDC #1 for me......miss those, and many more. I just got into this cigar when it was discontinued. Loved it and then couldnt get it. I find that very disappointing. 

see if you can track down a photo so others can see :cigar:

For me, it is a Davidoff Dom Perignon. I have always wanted to smoke one, but have never had the opportunity. Actually, I did have the opportunity, from a questionable source, but I didn’t want to pay the exorbitant price to crush my own dream, if the cigar turned out to be as fake as the seller was skeezy.

A3FB5B0F-879E-48D6-A793-613855E7A6F6.jpeg

I have to go with the short lived Trinidad Robusto Extra.  I was able to get a box from 2007 when I was first getting into CCs a few years ago.  The Trex was the first Cuban I smoked that made me realize what I was missing.  Perfectly balanced and rich flavor profile that blew me away.  I only have 2 left now, but they've been a treat every time.

20170509_001434.jpg

• Like 1

Romeo y Julieta Celestiales Finos en cello... only the old blend will do... 80’s and 70’s.

The cigar has it all. Body, complexity, intoxicating aromas... floral, exotic spices, balanced sweetness. The finish goes on and on... and exhaling out your nose will make you feel alive. I love vitolas with some curves to caress...dabd76854bfb7026007b031f81fe6e5d.jpgf0f1c9a4b2a6e587304314fd88224a73.jpg48aa284b9abeb8ca7a02f3b8ae9b89e0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Image result for Bolivar Gold Medal

Bolivar Gold Medal, or any stronger, punchier lonsdale. Yum.

Thanks for the comp!

the last Boli gold i saw was the one rob pulled out on my balcony. and then promptly dropped over the edge into the bushes below. and was too lazy to go and find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No. 2 (or No. 1) 

Gloria_cubana_medaille_d_or_no2_1.jpg

After my first LCG (a No. 4 from 2015) last year I have been on the hunt for boxes of No 1/2/3's. Was lucky enough to score a box of No. 3's a few days ago but the one I am really after is the No. 2 & No. 1. Too bad they were discontinued (out of production for the No 2?) before I really got into cigars.

BTW If anyone has any No. 1 or No. 2's and wants to try a No. 3 PM me.

• Like 4

For me it's got to be the RA Celestiales Finos. Shunned at birth as an ugly duckling but blossomed into a beautiful swan. I still have most of a box left which I dip into on special occasions. Would love to have an endless supply of these!

RAMON-ALLONES---CELESTIALES-FINOS-600x600.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Late '90s Punch Double Corona. These were never rare, limited, or double-banded. But it was the first CC that made the lightbulb go on. "Oh, sh*t! THAT'S what all the fuss is about." Simple nostalgia for me. Here are some '96 I just grabbed a pair of ...

image1.thumb.jpeg.efc555e15e5c839a57561be2a770e296.jpeg

Too easy. There is one cigar that I miss and have too few left. Hdm Des Dieux. For me, the size is perfect. After a good long nap, that sweet creamy vanilla goodness, hints of biscuit and a touch of cedar all come out.

20170106_201543.thumb.jpg.ed2698c0e580ec2d050c55cd49fda6f0.jpg

As much as I love the Partagas SdC #3 (which I also wish I had a lifetime supply of), I'd still pick the Des Dieux.

• Like 4

Like @BJRPorter, I have great curiosity about Davidoff, and would love the opportunity to explore their entire line.  ...Yes, it's a cheat of an answer, but if I had a wish, this might well be it.  Articles like this one from Suckling in 1993 show that it was far from sunshine and roses, but also that there were indeed some terrific rich cigars in the range, even in the final years approaching 1991 when Davidoff left Cuba.

Nary a one above 47 ring, and most in the 38-42 range.  Glorious!

OTOH, maybe it was all fluff and marketing?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

davidoffsizes1.thumb.jpg.ec7780bdd45a3e391dacd9dba6bd572d.jpg

davidoffsizes2.thumb.jpg.a43ffd7e0038bce7311983b70418c315.jpg

davidoffsizes3.thumb.jpg.0ac2cb029a2121115a9d10e336e566bc.jpg

• Like 3

I'm going with the Raphael Gonzales Coronas Extra.  Always a sucker for the sweet things in life. These smell sweet right in the box.  Lots of white chocolatey goodness, some fruit making appearances and the perfect size.  

Can't believe they're gone.  

IMG_9809.PNG

Lamentably I never had the chance to smoke the La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'or no. 2. When I first started working at the cigar shop I had never had a Cuban cigar, and watching the way that Dr. Joe described his love for the blend really made them seem like the greatest. 

Gloria_cubana_medaille_d_or_no2_1.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Too easy. There is one cigar that I miss and have too few left. Hdm Des Dieux. For me, the size is perfect. After a good long nap, that sweet creamy vanilla goodness, hints of biscuit and a touch of cedar all come out.

As much as I love the Partagas SdC #3 (which I also wish I had a lifetime supply of), I'd still pick the Des Dieux.

i'm a plus on both.

First choice would be the Davidoff Latour. Perfect size, the corona 42 by 5 5/8. Never had one, but perfect ratings and a Cuban Davidoff sounds good to me. a59bf263bc87c7f73423c7bb0c058064.jpg

A second choice would be the MdO no2 as several other members have selected. Again, another cigar I have yet to have, but the overwhelming positive reviews of this cigar makes it a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Um, WOW!  Makes my mouth water!