Let's give Casa Del Habano St Martin a hand

El Presidente

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carol started the La casa Del Habano in 1995 it is located on the French side.  She skrimped and saved to get it done and developed a loyal clientelle from around the world including members from FOH.

A wonderful gesture Prez Is that plume I see on those Fonsecas? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PayPal is a pathetic whiny arsed operation. The day a competitor or competing technology leaves them as road buffet is the day I will open up a magnum of Krug.  This is a donation. 

Carol stated the La casa Del Habano in 1995 it is located on the French side.  She skrimped and saved to get it done and developed a loyal clientelle from around the world including members from FOH. Carole loves cigars and loves her clients.  She was proud of what her and her husband had developed. Life was good. 
....and then hurricane Irma hit September 17.  Carol lost everything. 
Four months later and the insurance assessors still haven't come back to her. The store is a writeoff. What the flooding didn't get, the collapsed ceiling did. 
While she is hopefull of rebuilding her LCDH, right now she is struggling to make ends meet. 
Can we give her a hand?

I will put up a  box of one of my favourite cigars in the Saint Luis Rey Lonsdale APE JUL 01.  They are perfectly rolled. 
5a6e92fd05681_SaintLuisReyLonsdalesMay16.thumb.jpg.e040ea12bb6435a8a1a453108186689a.jpg

Every $10 donation gets a ticket in the draw for it. If you donate $50, you receive 5 tickets.
Donation is to be made to Caroles PayPal account: [email protected]
*Do not mention tobacco/Cuba or anything else. Just 
Donation: Irma Relief Fund : Name: Joh Blogs : FOH Handle: Generous bastard.  :ok:
Carol will provide me a summary of contributors February 28th and we will draw the winner on the 1st of March. 
i hope you can lend a hand :ok:

[/url]  
After.thumb.JPG.237a8e925484dee363e9d4be1394a185.JPG

Mould.jpg.thumb.JPG.c233231ef661bc224118c3a3898f7faa.JPG

PM sent Rob

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Ohh also PP doesn't convert $USD-->€ correctly imo atleast the last time I checked the exchange rate it wasn't that big of a difference. If someone has a better way of doing that to just send € please PM me to assist me with this for when I go at another donation again in a few days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ohh also PP doesn't convert $USD-->€ correctly imo atleast the last time I checked the exchange rate it wasn't that big of a difference. If someone has a better way of doing that to just send € please PM me to assist me with this for when I go at another donation again in a few days.

I honesty think that whatever currency you receive, it will be automatically converted to your currency used when setting up the account.
I know when I have friends in the USA send me USD, it converts and shows up as Canadian funds. Needless to say, she will get her donations.
Great cause!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Done!

Such a shame and this my first CdH since my visit was around the time I first got into cigars.  In a sea of fakes they were always the genuine article and worthy of a trip even if staying on the Dutch side, or stopping from a cruise on the Dutch side.  I hope they can rebuild and soon!

• Like 1

I honesty think that whatever currency you receive, it will be automatically converted to your currency used when setting up the account.
I know when I have friends in the USA send me USD, it converts and shows up as Canadian funds. Needless to say, she will get her donations.
Great cause!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's the most important thing that she gets the donation. I'll figure out the exchange rate thing next time hopefully.

17 hours ago, jtfrizzy said:

It converted for me.  My $52.25 converted to €40.70 on Sunday of this week.  Paypal told me exactly how much i gave and what she received. ??

It converted for me.  My $52.25 converted to €40.70 on Sunday of this week.  Paypal told me exactly how much i gave and what she received.
Yeah it did for me as well but not initially in the app when I used it idk why but I got an emailed receipt and it showed the exchange rate and all that. So maybe it was just me or a glitch or something, but all squared away now.

Done. I really hope Carol and her Husband can get the place back up and running. It is horrible seeing those pictures :(

On 1/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, El Presidente said:

Mould.jpg.JPG

Just look at all that "plume"! Bet they smoke a treat after lightly dusting it off... :D :whistle:

Sent!

• Like 1

In for 20 euro. 

This past hurricane season was terrible for so many. I know it’s not much, but I hope this helps. Can’t imagine anyone is getting rich operating a LCDH, and having your entire business wiped out while trying to make ends meet must be so devastating.