Johnny O Talisman Review

2 hours ago, RickHendeson said:

Same as my comment re: Bart, above.  Are you aware of anywhere he himself states this, unequivocally?  Because after a fair amount of research, I have yet to find it.

Have you tried, um, contacting him directly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bartolomeo said:

I picked up some Johnny O cigar bundles personally in Habana in November 2014 and handed them out to the FOH gang during our bus trip to the beach, this can be confirmed by many members here. These were/are the same cigars that John mules back to Miami, I believe they were either Sublimes or his 1966 sizes, it was definitely one of the two. John goes to Habana 2-3x a month for family and business reasons. I have met John in person 20+ times. John sells Cuban custom cigars rolled in Cuba from many sources. I am not sure what else I can tell you that hasn't been said already at various sites. Hope this makes sense.

Yes you handed me one and I loved it ! Thanks again Ryan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

But there is a vast and easily-understood difference between 'sources' and simple country of origin.  I'm not talking about sources.  I'm talking about country of origin.  I'm talking about a simple, six-word statement:

"All my cigars are Cuban puros."

In the interests of truth, we'll set aside your snarky 'newbies' comment -- for now -- and await your simple statement:

"All my Cigars are Cuban puros."

• Haha 1

RH....you managed to jack the threads original thought. Then you make it about you. You require everyone to go on the defensive because your "research" (which probably is a lot of hearsay) or you could not be wrong. Your approach kind of reminds me of the little girl from the Willie Wonka chocolate factory: " I want to know now daddy, how the Oompa Loompa's make Johnny-O!'s cigars! Please make them tell me daddy! ". You're 4 for 4 brah, I think you just hit a newbie homerun. Buy some cigars, smoke em, you don't like them move on. Its that easy. John

• Like 4

On 1/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, RickHendeson said:

Same as my comment re: Bart, above.  Are you aware of anywhere he himself states this, unequivocally?  Because after a fair amount of research, I have yet to find it.

Nope....

On 1/11/2018 at 4:25 PM, JohnnyO said:

RH....you managed to jack the threads original thought. Then you make it about you. You require everyone to go on the defensive because your "research" (which probably is a lot of hearsay) or you could not be wrong. Your approach kind of reminds me of the little girl from the Willie Wonka chocolate factory: " I want to know now daddy, how the Oompa Loompa's make Johnny-O!'s cigars! Please make them tell me daddy! ". You're 4 for 4 brah, I think you just hit a newbie homerun. Buy some cigars, smoke em, you don't like them move on. Its that easy. John

Thanks John, but inside all of your invective, I see you still haven't made the simple six word statement:

"All my cigars are Cuban puros."

You've had several chances to make this simple statement.  We should conclude you cannot say this?  Please advise.

On 2018-01-10 at 6:56 PM, JohnnyO said:

As Rob has previously mentioned it is not in everyones interest to keep discussing openly sources as you might effect some livelyhoods on both sides.

There you go re:explanation RickHendeson...

11 minutes ago, Jeanff said:

There you go re:explanation RickHendeson...

Nah.  Read the prior posts.  'Sources' are not being discussed.  Only country of origin.  There is a clear and easily understood difference between 'sources' and country of origin.  Country of origin is discussed 100s of times a day on every cigar board on the web, including this one.

"All of my cigars are Cuban puros" reveals no source whatsoever.  As is clear on its face.

Not my business here, but just from a general business perspective.... He may have his reasons. That has to be accepted, like it or not.

Rick, I'd suggest getting in touch with him personally should he not want (as he is saying) to disclose the requested information on an open forum (keep in mind - if Cuban, just supposed, if Cuban he might be selling embargo goods). If he still refrains from providing you with that info in a direct buyer-seller negotiation situation, and given it is important to you (as it would to me), then either don't buy, or face the risk and still try a selection of his sticks anyway even without knowing. It's all up to you. You're unhappy with the information on origin given? - then don't do business with the man.

As long as you are not entering into business with him he's not liable to give you any such information. On the other hand, if he sold you cigars leaving you tacitly in the impression that those sticks were Cuban puros, but can't or isn't willing to confirm, then it is of course not the best business practice, to put it cautiously. My 2cts.

2 hours ago, Fugu said:

Thanks  I'm sure there are all kinds of perspectives and opinions, and/or stories about Mysterious Forces suppressing what can be said. (Embargo goods,  you say?  Well, welcome to the club.)

I'm only interested in facts though, and those directly from the horses' mouth, six simple words: "All my cigars are Cuban puros."  Or -- at least, a full and fair opportunity to say the same. 

Seems like that full and fair opportunity has been given and rejected.  At the end of the day, there's only one reason that makes any sense.  Cuban puros, they ain't. 

1 hour ago, RickHendeson said:

In place of Thorazine?

I have no idea what that means.  Can anyone decipher?

You asked to hear it out of the horse’s mouth. Since we’re on to cliches, you may say that you’ve beaten this topic, or this horse, to a bloody pulp. It’s becoming clear that you’re not going to get an answer you want, so what’s the sense of continuing to yell at the clouds?

• Thanks 1