Unsolicited free gift

This morning I went to my mailbox and found a package I wasn't expecting.  A small bubble envelope that came from the Czech Republic.  Confused I opened it up and found a two finger leather robusto holder branded on both sides with the name of an online retailer I have never ordered from.  Also inside was a card that said "Seasons Greetings" with the retailers web address.    The oddest part is that the retailer is located in Hong Kong and the package came from Europe (maybe they had a European company make/ship them?).  

Not to look a gift horse in mouth, but I am genuinely curious: 

1) How did they get my address?

2)  Have any of you received a similar package? 

I would include an image but they have the web address embossed on both sides of the case (I don't belive it is allowed to post such things).    

4 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

This morning I went to my mailbox and found a package I wasn't expecting.  A small bubble envelope that came from the Czech Republic.  Confused I opened it up and found a two finger leather robusto holder branded on both sides with the name of an online retailer I have never ordered from.  Also inside was a card that said "Seasons Greetings" with the retailers web address.    The oddest part is that the retailer is located in Hong Kong and the package came from Europe (maybe they had a European company make/ship them?).  

Not to look a gift horse in mouth, but I am genuinely curious: 

1) How did they get my address?

2)  Have any of you received a similar package? 

I would include an image but they have the web address embossed on both sides of the case (I don't belive it is allowed to post such things).    

Yep. Got one around Christmas. That retailer has been sending out small gifts with their logo on them for a few years now. Don't know how they got your email address unless they bought a list from another vendor.

Well thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.  However I'm still curious how they came by my address.  I know they can digitally track visitors to their site but my address?  A little creepy!  

I'm the proud owner of 4 of those now! And I do order occasionally from our Hong Kong friend. Think my wife also ordered me something for Xmas from them and that's partly how we ended up with 4. 

The wife has suggested I find a few cigars that fit well in them and gift the holders to a few friends. Excellent idea and cigars picked and ready to bomb away!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

Actually you probably have ordered from this vendor without knowing it. He has branch sites.

Yup, there are more websites out there than there are vendors. Im not sure who/how everyone is conected, but alot of them are. Most of these guys are all supplied through PCC anyway, I met a very nice lady last year who actually sells all these guys their cigars at the wholesale level. What a great gig that would be. 

1 hour ago, Smallclub said:

Actually you probably have ordered from this vendor without knowing it. He has branch sites.

This had occurred to me as a possibility, although I have never ordered from Hong Kong.  Still very possible one of the vendors I have ordered from are affiliated or owned by the same parent company.  

1 hour ago, CigarAsh said:

I'm the proud owner of 4 of those now! And I do order occasionally from our Hong Kong friend. Think my wife also ordered me something for Xmas from them and that's partly how we ended up with 4. 

The wife has suggested I find a few cigars that fit well in them and gift the holders to a few friends. Excellent idea and cigars picked and ready to bomb away!

Brilliant. that would make for a fine gift!  Amaze your friends with your generosity.     

Got one, and I also ordered from that vendor a couple times last year.  Nice guy, nice gesture.

• Like 1

I found out quite by accident that apparently several of these vendors of supposed different suppliers are actually interconnected with each other.  I once had a hellacious experience with lost monies on a purchase, had just happened to mention it to another company's department head -and LO!  She said, "Oh I'll return your money to you. Yes, I know that guy. We'll handle it."  You talk about a great big, "WHHHOOOOSSSHHH!!!" of relief.  So you must have been the recipient of "somebody's" good graces!?  :thinking:

• Like 2

I didn't start ordering from them till January . If anyone has this item & doesn't want it, please send it my way. It'll be appreciated! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I've ordered from him occasionally over the past couple of years.  I got one of those cigar holders and last year he sent a small yellow with black and white checkerboard ashtray which I keep next to the porcelain throne.