Cab storage ribbon on or off??

I leave them on and save them. My girlfriend wears them in her hair. All my luggage has a cigar ribbon on its handle to help me identify it should I ever be unfortunate enough to check a bag. Cigar ribbons were also very popular in A 19th century to make quilts and pillows. Maybe some day I'll have enough to make a small one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PigFish said:

I wear them in my hair... Oh, crap, that's right, I'm bald... Never mind!

-Piggy

Hey Ray I better start putting them in my Hair before it's to late :lol3::rotfl:

• Like 1

In answer to the thread always on and in just like @Elvissaid great for lifting out of cab to get to the sweet centre 

Technically it's better to remove them when storing long term as it WILL deform your cigars over time, I've seen quite a few very old cabs that had "pinched" looking cigars in them due to the bands never having been touched. That said and knowing what will happen I still don't remove mine!

2 minutes ago, avaldes said:

The pinched cigars in a cabinet always seem to smoke especially well.

The threads this week are blowing my mind.  Pinched cigars > straight?  De-humidified forgotten sticks == properly stored sticks?  FOH is destroying conventional wisdom!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

It's just my observation that I don't think I have ever had a plugged cigar that had a heavy dent from the cabinet ribbon. Perhaps they compress because they are not overfilled? I don't know, but I always get a kick out of "that" cigar.

On 2/20/2017 at 1:36 AM, Hutch said:

^^^ Exactly this ^^^

What Hutch said.

I did meet one weird fellow (well, he was from continental Europe) who made a point of only smoking dented/pinched cigars in public so he could claim that he only ever buys cabs.  The lengths some people go to so they can scratch their snobby itch....