Good, strong CCs?

Well lemme recommend Ramon Allones (any one), Bolivar (again any size), Partagas 898 and the Partagas de Partagas No.1.

I've never really considered Cuban cigars to be overtly strong or imbalanced in that way, but the first cigar which came to mind was the Bolivar PC. Not that I truly think it a "strong" cigar, but I do find it fairly intense with a tannic edge which leans in that direction.

Love cigars with tons of kick to them, as long as it is smooth flavour still, not bitter stuff. This happens like from before their time, too moist, or whatever.

We know we are not Bolivar fans for this reason.

Trinidad seems to be a bold one for me.

• Like 1

Interesting feedback, thanks!

I am a Bolivar fan for sure, but I've never found the BBF or BPC to be particularly strong in nicotine.  The one stick that I haven't tried that gets several mentions is RyJ Cazadores.  Perhaps I need to give that a shot...

• Like 2

RyJ Cazadores yup most of us are in agreement with this one, even after a few years it still packs a punch ive also had bolivar tubos #2 that after 10 years still packed a really peppery punch totally shocked me

• Like 1

JL 2, BBF and young PLPC as El Prez said.  

Some of these dark wrappers Siglo 1s have been little ass kickers. 

RASCC like backbone said 

RASS

RACA

Fresh D4

Only 2 cigars I've had to put down due to nicotine in last 5 years--Fresh RASCC and a bitter nasty skinny little fresh Opus X.  

1 minute ago, zeedubbya said:

JL 2, BBF and young PLPC as El Prez said.  

Some of these dark wrappers Siglo 1s have been little ass kickers. 

RASCC like backbone said 

RASS

RACA

Fresh D4

Only 2 cigars I've had to put down due to nicotine in last 5 years--Fresh RASCC and a bitter nasty skinny little fresh Opus X.  

Funny you should mention Opus X... I just had a "Fuente Fuente" vitola and found it to be quite strong.  The flavor was so different from the CC's I'm used to... it almost seemed like a flavored stick :o

Just now, mwaller said:

Funny you should mention Opus X... I just had a "Fuente Fuente" vitola and found it to be quite strong.  The flavor was so different from the CC's I'm used to... it almost seemed like a flavored stick :o

Or any cigar from Nicaragua...

• Like 2

I haven't had a truly full strength CC yet and I'm not sure if this post was intended to be limited to CCs, but I do have a few suggestions from the NC front.  At least that fit the full strength while maintaining good and complex flavor profile. I personally don't enjoy the nicotine kick at the end of a stronger cigars but I do enjoy some full flavored cigars and they tend to go hand in hand sometimes unfortunately.  I own quite a bit of the cigars below but I stash them away for 8-12 months to try to take the edge off. Out of all of these cigars, I find the Ashton ESG is the one that smokes like a Med - Med/Full cigar and the strength at the end does not match the flavor profile of the cigar so it tends to sneak up on me.

• Foundation - The Tabernacle in Toro.  OMG, such great flavors but def has some strength in the final third, at least these days as they were just released last fall.
  • A lot of the Roma Craft CroMagnon line.
  • Ashton ESG, great flavors but no matter what I do to prepare, they always turn me upside down in the last 3rd.  I've heard a few years of age helps to smooth that out.
  • Mi Querida Ancho Largo - Love this one.  Great flavors with a bit of strength at the end if you don't pace yourself.  I find the Corona isn't as bad.
  • Like 2