What is the cheapest (i.e. least expensive) Cuban cigar?

Cheapos can be good, ie Jose L Piedras Petit Cazadorez, Quinteros Panetela/favoritos, Por Larranaga Panetela/Montecristo

Absolute bottom price Guantanamera are pretty rough; homgeonised tobacco (I think) and spat out by machines.

The former can be around $2-$4 each, the latter, less. But at that price you're probably best going for a NC/Dutch dry cigar imo

• Like 1

Currently J.Piedra are selling for around 2.00 each, and they are good for walking your dog. 

Also cheap are Quintero, the Londres Extra are around 2.50 each.

decent smokes, sometimes you get a bundle that is surprisingly good.

When you have a minute, stop by Newbie Intro section and Introduce yourself to the Forum..................

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Absolute bottom price Guantanamera are pretty rough; homgeonised tobacco (I think) and spat out by machines.

Cuba raises enough tobacco to be able to do without this Homogenized horror. Guantanameras have its dedicated factory somewhere in the suburbs of Havana. I have an article from L'Amateur de Cigare somewhere if you're interested.

• Like 1

those would be what everyone already stated the "short fillers" more or less usually range a box of 25 for under  75 bucks

* If you can find them, the Troya Tubos (in plastic tubes!). Machine made 100% Cuban tobacco, but VERY tasty and reasonably satisfying IMHO.

• Like 3

I know everyone has a different opinion on this (and you must do whatever makes you happy!) but my personal outlook is I would have good cigars and smoke less than cheap cigars and smoke more. There is some correlation between the price paid and the quality of cigar (in regular production at least). I have had a Guantanamera (well as much as I could take) and am in no hurry to have another.

10 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Cuba raises enough tobacco to be able to do without this Homogenized horror. Guantanameras have its dedicated factory somewhere in the suburbs of Havana. I have an article from L'Amateur de Cigare somewhere if you're interested.

Yes please, I had nothing solid to say it was homogenised tobacco apart from the look of the wrappers, they have that 'formed from a big sheet of green mush' appearance about them :D

The factory is the ICT factory?

18 hours ago, cigcars said:

* If you can find them, the Troya Tubos (in plastic tubes!). Machine made 100% Cuban tobacco, but VERY tasty and reasonably satisfying IMHO.

LOL no comment on those ok since I did comment I will only say "BAD" very bad to the bone  the so called gas station cigar IMO

I have only ever smoked one example of Guantanamera, around the time of its introduction. They should have paid me to smoke it. Homogenized horror indeed. I simply have no respect for anyone who spends hard-earned cash on rolled donkey poop such as that. Guantanamera isn't fit to shine the shoes of JLP or even anything ICT cranks out. I'd rather grow my own tobacco in my backyard and attempt to roll it up myself. At least I'd have some pride in it.

To the OP, there's an entire forum dedicated to cheap and cheerfuls. I didn't get the impression you wanted our opinions on good values, but simply the cheapest smokeable Cuban cigars. Yes, JLP, PLP and Quintero all pretty much have the market cornered on the cheapest HSA products I would deem smokeable. In the case of the PLP and JLP Petit Cetros, eminently smokeable. Quintero, IMO, is the worst value of the three. But if you prefer large RG, the Favoritos may be the best option.

Sir, I say Sir, dueling cheese graters at the ready at Morrow's dawn!

I'll be your Second, Captain. Readying the grater would be an honour in order to deal with this miscreant.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Sir, I say Sir, dueling cheese graters at the ready at Morrow's dawn!

Of course, I am failing to consider tobacco volume and only comparing stick-for-stick. A tremendous error on my part. When correctly calculated, the Favoritos are in fact the best value. Redemption!

• Like 1