Will there be a cigar released in Fidels honor?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope not (cigar release).  I would give it a 95% chance of occurring.  I give this thread a 5% chance of making it to the end of the day. Let's see who will be the first goober for a forum

Did I just hear the distinct CRACK of a can of worms being opened?

A Cohiba Presidente. Same size as the Partagas. Plain SLB of 25. It's a nice shape and size so there's fat chance of that happening.

I think it would be cool.  I know I would have zero chance of ever owning or smoking one, but just like the Cohiba 50th, I think that stuff is pretty fun to look at.  There's no chance HSA would pass up the cash and publicity from something like this, right?  Of course there's a certain irony in capitalizing on his death.  As long as it's small enough to not have any significant impact on other production, go for it.  

13 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I had always assumed HSA were sitting on a pile of aging leaf for just this occasion. Considering he's literally the most iconically linked cigar personality in the history of the world and all.

I'm more or less agnostic as to whether they "should" do it. But if they did I would expect it to be within the Cohiba or Trinidad marcas. Or maybe both. Perhaps just a Lancero or a Fundadores with an additional, plain black secondary band? Also, I wouldn't ship them off the island. Make people come and get them.

That would explain the shortage in the Cohiba and Behike leaf. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I had always assumed HSA were sitting on a pile of aging leaf for just this occasion. Considering he's literally the most iconically linked cigar personality in the history of the world and all.

I'm more or less agnostic as to whether they "should" do it. But if they did I would expect it to be within the Cohiba or Trinidad marcas. Or maybe both. Perhaps just a Lancero or a Fundadores with an additional, plain black secondary band? Also, I wouldn't ship them off the island. Make people come and get them.

Sir Winston Churchill would like to have a word with you.  He said something to the effect of "I don't see you smoking Fidel sized cigars." 

• Like 3

Suggestion:

Honour the great man (or tyrant, whatever your opinion, wether he was good or bad, he was great at it!) by releasing a lancero sized cigar in every marca. Make it a regular production cigar and call it the "Fidel"

It would make loads of people happy!

Suggestion:

Honour the great man (or tyrant, whatever your opinion, wether he was good or bad, he was great at it!) by releasing a lancero sized cigar in every marca. Make it a regular production cigar and call it the "Fidel"

It would make loads of people happy!

21 hours ago, Fugu said:

...comin' in a nice coffin..... ahem   :hole:

... dude, you did me in with that one!

How about this? Its fuzzy (shaggy foot), tall, dark and smells strong. Its hollow (a tunnel of wind and hot air) and it costs you a lot, way more than you bargained for!!!

It comes in a 'magazine,' olive green tin that holds 30... If you don't like it and complain, you get the coffin??? -LOL

-Piggy

• Like 2

... on a different note!

I think Tabacuba would be foolish not to do this. It could be a cigar, or line, or even a vitola... If they dub a new vitola then the cigar can run in a lot of lines... I think the collector masses would eat this up. The question is, would it be a monthly stipend (priced) for the proletariat, or a glorious monument to the bourgeois??? I think I know, and it would be a fitting end!!!

If Tabacuba were smart, it would be modest cigar that all could afford and enjoy! I dare ya' Tabacuba, put me in my place!!! -LOL

-Piggy

• Like 2

When the us embargo eventually becomes eradicated, I'd be very interested to see what the first USA regional ed would be. Maybe the Diplomáticos JFK???

23 minutes ago, rxavier1979 said:

When the us embargo eventually becomes eradicated, I'd be very interested to see what the first USA regional ed would be. Maybe the Diplomáticos JFK???

... depends on whose in office, if cigars are still legal!!! -Piggy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

The perfect first regional for the US would be the Upmann Petit Upmann, the cigar JFK sought out before signing the embargo.

In the spirit of history and detente and all that.

Again, fat chance of that though.

... all I want is regular production, and you guys are naming REs already!!! -LOL

I would line up for the Petit Upmann! But no, it will be anther fat, gloriously embellished waste of fine tobacco, I am sure!

Can you say jaded??? -LOL

Okay, look, call one the the Bay of Pigs, and I will think about it!!! -Piggy

• Like 4

I read that Raul said Fidel did not want any street named after him or any monuments because he didn't want it to be about him. Not sure how that plays into a special release cigar or new Marca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk