Will there be a cigar released in Fidels honor?

I would like to see a cigar released in his honor

- a Cohiba

- the shape of the NRO.109

- 47 x 6.5

- no band

- cabs of 25 - 50 and 100

- ribbon the color of the Cuban flag

- blend strong and flavorful

- call it the Comandante

- a small release every year

Garnett

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope not (cigar release).  I would give it a 95% chance of occurring.  I give this thread a 5% chance of making it to the end of the day. Let's see who will be the first goober for a forum

Did I just hear the distinct CRACK of a can of worms being opened?

A Cohiba Presidente. Same size as the Partagas. Plain SLB of 25. It's a nice shape and size so there's fat chance of that happening.

They could have one with a black band labeled 683 signifying the poison cigar attempt.  And that one can be a plugged thus unsmokeable cigar...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jazzboypro said:

I would be curious to know how many people would buy them considering that mos people have a fairly bad opinion about the man...

It would be the hottest release of 2017/18 

...and I still hope they don't do it. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

It probably would indeed. It feels strange to think about people hating him and publicly  saying it and them again willingly buy cigars made in is memory...

52 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

If so, I wonder if they will have the proceeds go to all families of the....Nevermind. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I had always assumed HSA were sitting on a pile of aging leaf for just this occasion. Considering he's literally the most iconically linked cigar personality in the history of the world and all.

I'm more or less agnostic as to whether they "should" do it. But if they did I would expect it to be within the Cohiba or Trinidad marcas. Or maybe both. Perhaps just a Lancero or a Fundadores with an additional, plain black secondary band? Also, I wouldn't ship them off the island. Make people come and get them.

Like some LCDH's in Europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

If not Habanos, you know the shops might do some special humidor release with the Green palm tree bands.  And let's not forget there are special jars released by 5AT Avenida that bear his image no?

I think regardless of what opinions are on the man, no question could be made that this wouldn't be a premier and extremely unique collectors item. Especially if it is a one time and very limited release. 

• Like 3

I am sure there will be something released (although when is another question entirely). I hope there isn't just because the world does not need another ridiculously priced Cohiba LE. I'm not sure I would want to see the Cohiba Double Robustos Supremos Extra at $100 a stick on initial release

• Like 1