Condolences to our French Brethren

It matters not which side, religion, race:

There is right and wrong.  What you (and yours) sow, well, you will reap.

How do we heal the world?

• Like 1

The times are so angry these days. I can feel it everywhere, anger, hate, and fear. The news is filled with it. I feel terrible for anyone affected  by this pointless act and, feel equally sorry for anyone trying to bring up kids right in this strange new world we share.   

Is there intelligent life in the Universe,well in this neck of the wood probably not 

prayers and condolences to all concerned 

remember good will always trump evil ......

• Like 1

84 dead now.

The killer has been identified as a 31-year-old French Tunisian, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel.

The Nice truck tragedy is the third terror attack in France in less than two years. The first was an attack on the satirical Charlie Hebdo magazine in January of 2015, which was followed by the massacre in central Paris in November of the same year. Altogether, the three terror attacks have claimed more than 230 lives.

6 hours ago, leftimatic said:

The times are so angry these days. I can feel it everywhere, anger, hate, and fear. The news is filled with it. I feel terrible for anyone affected  by this pointless act and, feel equally sorry for anyone trying to bring up kids right in this strange new world we share.   

I agree. And it's always innocent people who suffer. Terrible. What world we have made for ourselves.

Freddy Mercury summed it all up years ago:-

Is this the world we created, we made it on our own
Is this the world we devasted, right to the bone
If there's a God in the sky looking down
What can he think of what we've done
To the world that He created.

My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this tragedy.

6 hours ago, anacostiakat said:

Guy!  Let us know you and the family are ok. 

Hi all,

Thank you for the concerne Bill. I'm as fine as possible. Things started well this blue morning in the South of France.

All was great with the parade in Paris yesterday morning to start the day on a wonderful Bastille Day.

We went to the beach and then the son and his wife went to Nimes while Monique looked after the baby boy livio.

Later in the evening I went to see the fireworks in Calvisson and when I got home I heard the sad news in Nice.

Shakespeare once said, "Hell is empty, all the devils are here on earth today".

Guy

• Like 1

Here are some of the news headlines about this incident. Oddly, they all make it sound like the attack was carried out by the truck/lorry instead of by this individual using the truck as a weapon and his ideology as a motivation.

CBC news - Truck plows into Bastille Day crowd in Nice, France, at least 84 dead

CNN news - Truck rams crowd; 84 dead in Nice

The Guardian - Bastille day Truck attack.

BBC news - At least 84 dead in Nice lorry attack. - Can a lorry attack ever be stopped?

Odd, really. Newspeople are not always reflecting on what they are actually writing for the benefit of a catchy headline.

Apart from that - no words! My thoughts are with those affected by this act of barbarity.