What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

1 hour ago, Bri Fi said:

The la Vérité was so good I ordered another box. But they sent the wrong box to me. They website I used is reimbursing the difference. Behold the L’esprit de Vérité 2013 robusto. Never had these before. I’m going to buy the La Vérité  

56FCCAAF-27DF-467E-B629-307A041C758E.jpeg

I’ve had a handful of these, even gone back for more. I find them engaging and complex in their flavor transitions. Still have a couple in my NC humi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’ve had a handful of these, even gone back for more. I find them engaging and complex in their flavor transitions. Still have a couple in my NC humi. 

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to return them and have the la Vérité shipped but I figure I’d give them a shot. Can’t really go wrong with Tatuaje 

• Like 2

I have the 2009 churchill la verite, and they are something special. I got them on a black friday sale and I'm certain the coupon was a mistake on their site. They called me to confirm I actually wanted 2 boxes haha.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

[mention=30918]prodigy[/mention] I wish I could find some 2009. Did you get them this past year or a while back? 
It's been a year or 2 now. I've looked at the site I found them every year since and the codes for black Friday no longer apply, so I never bought more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, pgwdaddy said:

I find myself smoking more Davidoff’s when I’m not smoking Cubans or hand rolled. I once was a Padron guy but seem to have lost my pallet for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you see the Davidoff doc that was posted a couple days ago? They’ve got an incredibly impressive and admirable operation.

20 hours ago, Monocle said:

Did you see the Davidoff doc that was posted a couple days ago? They’ve got an incredibly impressive and admirable operation.

Davidoff has always been one of the class acts in the cigar biz.  I note the recent posters in this NC forum appear to be new to FOH by their limited number of posts so perhaps a NC expert has wandered among us?  The NC world is better funded than the CC and future growth looks promising if they could only find that same red dirt as Cuba?

2 hours ago, lovethehaze said:

Sampler of nudies can’t wait to try them 

2F16EC35-6944-444D-B727-923D4A385C62.thumb.jpeg.516b48b7bc11a8e74c49342b12a2d055.jpeg

I marvel every time I see photos of them. Such magnificent looking sticks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey rockets said:

I note the recent posters in this NC forum appear to be new to FOH by their limited number of posts so perhaps a NC expert has wandered among us? 

I am certainly no expert, but I have noticed a trend regarding CC vs NC. My data is limited and much of it comes from these forums, reviews on sales sites, and the odd comment on FB. I have observed that a higher percentage of CC smokers prefer a smaller RG and often, a shorter stick than is the case with those who smoke NCs. PCs seem to be a universal CC favorite. My SWAG is (I hope I’m not kicking a hornet’s nest) that for pure volume, there is more high quality tobacco grown outside of Cuba. Cuba may have the best leaves, but they can’t farm as much as the entire NC world. That is just the truth of real estate. So, the filler leaves on NCs may be of equal or better grade than CCs. The price per stick of the high-end, large vitolas from Cuba are far out of the reach, if they can even be found, of Joe Six-Pack or Archie Bunker. To sum it up, I suppose the shorter, smaller RG CCs focus the Cuban flavor while the larger cigars, unless something spectacular and rare, dilute that uniqueness. 

11 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

I have observed that a higher percentage of CC smokers prefer a smaller RG and often, a shorter stick than is the case with those who smoke NCs. PCs seem to be a universal CC favorite. 

I, on the other hand, have a different theory - 
(generalised statement) Cuban tobacco is more refined and the tastes are more nuanced than NCs. NCs have much more strength and power.

So, for people who prefer NCs, they like the bigger RGs as they like the strength and power anyway. For people who prefer CCs, they don't really smoke for the strength, but rather appreciate (and look for) the nuanced flavours instead. This isn't to say they don't like large RGs anyway, but they don't see the point of smoking a large RG (and hence "oversmoking" themselves), and losing the ability to taste well. 

Personally I used to go for a minimum of robusto size, as I smoked maybe an average of 2 sticks a week. More recently, I smoke more often (maybe 6 sticks a week) and I started to see the appeal of smaller RGs. I find that if I smoke a robusto or larger cigar every day, I basically "lose it" and end up smoking just for the sake of smoking, which is what a cigarette smoker does. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Meklown said:

I, on the other hand, have a different theory - 

I think your theory is entirely plausible. Most likely it is a little of both and a lot of somewhere in between. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A 50 cab of Liga Privada Papas Fritas. Between those and the Nasty Fritas, these are the NC I smoke by far the most often. The price is unbeatable.

• Like 1