The last crap cigar you had......

Couple weeks ago when it was nice out (60 degrees in Fargo in March is insane) I had a Camacho in Robuste with a Barber Pole type duel wrapper.

It was awful. Bitter, acrid and generally gross. Didn't last 10 minutes.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few weeks ago I went to a local B&M and purchased a Padron 85 maduro to pay homage for smoking what I brought. I smoked it a couple days later and lets just say I was less than impressed(even thou

Ramon Allones Perfecto RE Swiss 2014 Before that Cohiba Robusto Supremo EL 2014

I've had three since Jan. 1. Monte PE, Monte 2, and a SCDLH El Principe. I rarely toss a cigar before the first third, but all of these were horrible.

Rocky Patel vintage 92 torpedo. Tasted like charred burnt meat and not in a good way.

Yea, yea I know its an RP, it was my 1st NC cigar purchase from the states when I bought my humidor. Less than half the MSRP for a bundle, I shouldve known better

2 whole boxes of Hoyo Epicure #2's! Just absolutely horrible and no possibility of getting better as you can tell if you have any clue about tobacco and how it's processed that these were rolled with tobacco that was rushed through processing. One of the primary signs that tobacco, black tobacco that is, has been rushed and underfermented/under-processed is a strong soapy/perfumey taste and aroma. The Beta Damascenone (basically rose oil which is present in alot of plants and is what gives roses and alot of other flowers their scent) level is high and has had no chance to ferment and change into other, more pleasant aromatic compounds. A little floral is ok and can be pleasant when balanced with other aromatics/flavors but when it's just strong, floral perfume and dry slightly tangy tobacco taste my heart just drops because I know I got screwed in the Cuban lottery! Tobacco like this will never get any better and I always laugh when I hear others tell themselves or others that the cigars are just too young and need to sit for several years. Ok buddy, you do that. It's my fault though for buying "grey" market! I've gotten decent quality from grey market vendors but have never gotten anything of what people here would classify as PSP or HQ, NEVER!! And because of that, I haven't boughten grey market for several years and have never looked back. It's not worth the money you save when you're buying something that you're looking to lay down for future enjoyment years and years later. I've learned my lesson but even when buying from someone like Rob or an LCDH, you still are playing the lottery, I've just found that it sets the odds in your favor much moreso. But my god are there ALOT of bad cuban cigars out there still and I believe Cubatobacco has a long, long way to go before the bell curve is more in favor of thegood to great cigar side, a loong way.

With saying that though, and it might be a sick masochistic trait of mine, I still get a thrill out of the hunt and acquisition of a great box of cubans and it just makes it that much better when you do get that box full of firecrackers! But I will not be buying anymore Hoyo #2's forquite awhile even though, truth be told, I have just as much chance of rreceiving a shitty box of Juan Lopez #2's or Bolivar Royal Coronas as I do getting another bad box of Hoyo #2's. Although I think the less popular cigars are much less apt to be rolled with shitty tobacco but that's just experience and speculation talking.

E.P Carrillo Maduro Corona. Absolutely unsmokable tasting mainly dirty with a serious biiterness to it. May have gotten an inch into it before I chucked it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cousin that smokes cigars and being the impulsive buyer he is, doesn't have the smarts to order boxes and start a collection. He stops at different stores while traveling and raved about a great cigar that he had. Saw someone on another board that had a whole box listed for like $4/stick and thought WTH.

I smoked my 2nd one out of the box while mowing the yard today. I took a picture of a dog **** and sent him the pic and asked him what the difference was between the cigar he raved to me about and the dog ****. One of them he recommended to smoke.

Stay away from Four Kicks. I lit up a Bolivar PC after chucking the Four Kicks and still couldn't get the awful taste out of my mouth. I think the dog **** would have been a better choice.

post-17414-0-18613400-1428846425_thumb.jNot a cuban; Kentucky Fire Cured,think the vitola is POShit.............

smelled like a burning diaper,and left a similar aftertaste for hours.

I don't know why anyone would ever buy a second one of these.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif00acat....jpgNot a cuban; Kentucky Fire Cured,think the vitola is POShit.............

smelled like a burning diaper,and left a similar aftertaste for hours.

I don't know why anyone would ever buy a second one of these.

I have wondered about those. That bad eh?

I have wondered about those. That bad eh?

Yeah they really aren't very good. The nose on them is great, very smoky, campfire-esque, some few qualities that remind you of a nice Islay scotch. But they don't really taste like they smell, IMO the blend is bland bordering on not so good. Gimmick.

I have a cousin that smokes cigars and being the impulsive buyer he is, doesn't have the smarts to order boxes and start a collection. He stops at different stores while traveling and raved about a great cigar that he had. Saw someone on another board that had a whole box listed for like $4/stick and thought WTH.

I smoked my 2nd one out of the box while mowing the yard today. I took a picture of a dog **** and sent him the pic and asked him what the difference was between the cigar he raved to me about and the dog ****. One of them he recommended to smoke.

Stay away from Four Kicks. I lit up a Bolivar PC after chucking the Four Kicks and still couldn't get the awful taste out of my mouth. I think the dog **** would have been a better choice.

I had a similar experience with the four kicks. I normally power through cigars I don't like but I distinctly remember chucking it out the window on the highway in disgust. My buddy, who I do trust his palate said it was "decent". I haven't given them a second chance.

H Upmann No. 2 back in January. Tight, plugged, hard draw

This is one of my favorites, but this one tasted like card board the first half. If this would have been my First HU no. 2 I ever had, I would have never bought a box of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non-CC: Arturo Fuente Natural BBMF from 2005. Plagued with burn issues, just a blast of black pepper through the entire stick with some very unpleasant bitterness. Got down to 1/2" before I had to stop. Tried to smoke as much as I could hoping it would turn around. Great novelty stick... horrible for smoking.

sKDul3Il.jpg

UK9wx0rl.jpg

Last Friday I had a Bold by Nish Patel Robusto. I got this cigar as part of a free sampler. This thing was simply brutal for a lack of a better word. Smoked less than 1/3 and tossed it. Left a bitter taste in my mouth that I just could not get out even after eating a box of Tic Tac. Just brutal.

Romeo Y Julieta Anejados Piramides. Smoked one down in Havana last November at Rob's Party. Sat down with some Teeling Small Batch Irish courtesy of Rob Fox expecting to enjoy a nice smoke. What a disappointment. Sour harsh and totally devoid of flavour. Tossed it before reaching the 2nd third. Had to refresh my palate with a two mohito's, a large glass of rum and a beer before getting another cigar out.

So far a box of Monti 5's have not met expectaionspod.gif ...no mocha, no cream, and no Monti flavor I'm on the ropes for right now! They have all burned well, some even with the lil dimple but very little to no flavor. Well, on to a box of 4's I guess

Just had a Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary last night. It was very one note during the first third, 2nd third had the slightest bit of cream, and last third was just more of the same one note bland pepper of the first third. It also had a draw like a wind tunnel. The thing smoked itself more than I did, and the burn was wonky the whole time. Tossed it in the fire pit before I got to the band.

Sig II. It had a horrible chemical taste like I had gargled with isopropyl alcohol. Pitched it.

I think it's the first CC I've ever pitched. Very disappointing too. I was very much looking forward to it because when they're on, they're great IMHO.

RyJ Short Churchill. 2 years old and probably a little wet, but the main culprit was construction. Despite my attempts to slow it down, it was just a fast burner: tarry flavor, wonky burn, and prematurely hot to the touch. All the others that I have had from the box were good/very good so I'm hoping that I got the dud out of the way.

RG Corona Extra. Frickin tent peg Plugged. I swear that 46 ring has more plugged stick than any other size. The other is a box of RASCC that seemed to have every other stick plugged... Now that's depressing!

RyJ Short Churchill. 2 years old and probably a little wet, but the main culprit was construction. Despite my attempts to slow it down, it was just a fast burner: tarry flavor, wonky burn, and prematurely hot to the touch. All the others that I have had from the box were good/very good so I'm hoping that I got the dud out of the way.

Those Short Churchills can be brutal.I have had some that were very nice and others that I swear made me want to shoot the roller. The worst is when you get one underfilled. Argh!