When you're interested in purchasing a box of LEs - do you test one first, or just buy a box?

I'm curious as to the approaches the members here take. I'm very new to this, been sampling as much as I can while o'seas (in London atm, going to the JJ Fox blind taste next Friday), and been curious about buying my first box of LEs.

How do you usually approach these - particularly the newer releases, when they have little to no rest time on them?

Same, I'll arrange for a trade with a fellow botl, read up on reviews on this site to get a feel for the cigar before investing.

99% of the times I buy the whole box.

Unless is a hard to find stick (Conde's) or a very expensive one (grand reservas) I bet and buy the box.

Same. I tend to stick to Marcas I like when it comes to regionals, which is why I don't have any El Rey Del Mundo. With that said I have only bought 3 boxes of EL.

Monte 520 horrid box(one I smoked was phenominal the rest were duds) traded it away.

Punch LE smoked one in Cuba and I loved it, had to have a box when rob offered the sale for 300.

Cohiba1966 the price keeps going up in them so I figured now it never. I will smoke on soon to see how they are.

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

99% of the times I buy the whole box.

Unless is a hard to find stick (Conde's) or a very expensive one (grand reservas) I bet and buy the box.

Same here. A single stick is a shot in the dark, maybe five might tell you something, but then they could be way off because of storage or shipping conditions.

Try one! Most of the LE are simply not to my taste and I learned that if you don't try, you could easily end up with 24 Ramon Allones Extras that have to be traded away!

I always try a few of anything I've never had before buying a box.