I NEED HELP ..........

Ok for those who don't know yet it is Rob's 50th birthday next Thursday the 12th February. What I need help with is "WHAT DO I GET HIM"????????confused.gif

I have an idea...well he actually told me to get him, but I need suggestions to see if like to get him something else.

Let's go through a few things......

Cigars, well the man has a virtual never ending supply so that is out.

Clothes, at the rate he is losing weight these days he is buying new clothes more than I am surprised.gif but I still beat him in the shoe department.

A weekend away to some great location, he books them for us and has a habit of finding amazing places to go, so I can't compare there.

Any kind of Jewellery, that is out as he doesn't wear anything apart from a watch, which he hasn't given away yet clap.gif

So that leaves me with very little options to go with apart from what he has already suggested, which don't get me wrong it is a great present.

Can anyone give me any ideas of what to get a man who has basically everything within my financial means please.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoo away?

Good morning Di How about an experience that he won't forget such as: SuperV8 / Ferrari race track drive Flight in spitfire plane Hot air balloon trip (you could join him on this one) Skydive (ta

It's subtropical Brisbane Jeremy. We don't need sweaters. And Rob would totally barbecue that pig! Sent from my iPhone

The way adult beverages are enjoyed around Czar land I would think there could be some creative things there...

Nifty corkscrew...

One of those things that puts nitrogen or whatever into a bottle to save it....yeah like wine gets saved :)

Vintage cut crystal decanter & glasses are not expensive on ebay....if you only find them in the USA...well I for one would be happy to help ship it over.

I am a fountain pen and rollerball nuts...amazing stuff out there for not much money.

Custom knife...small non-folders make fun letter openers and cigar cutters.

A 3 night fishing trip to the Dry Tortugas. I have done it four times and it is an amazing trip. I know he loves to fish.

Not advertising or suggesting any Captain here. You can PM for that if you like. Here are some ideas:

The Dry Tortugas:

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+dry+tortugas&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=the+dry+tortugas

Some Charters:

https://www.google.com/search?q=overnight+fishing+dry+tortugaus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=overnight+fishing+dry+tortugaus

Good morning Di

How about an experience that he won't forget such as:

• SuperV8 / Ferrari race track drive
  • Flight in spitfire plane
  • Hot air balloon trip (you could join him on this one)
  • Skydive (tandem if your keen)

Most of the above and more can be ordered via Red Balloon (they have a heap of other options)

Of course if all else fails you could wrap yourself up in a large red ribbon and bow and let the sparks fly!!

Happy shopping

Joker

• Like 3

Complete collection of Hemmingway's short stories. This is the Finca Vigia (Lookout Farm) edition which refers to these stories being written at the farm he owned in Cuba from 1939-1959. I would go with the library binding. Or a download for an electronic reader party.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Stories-Hemingway-Turtleback-Library/dp/1417660511/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1423089528&sr=8-3

In all seriousness. Nothing is better than a present for yourself. So, taking that into consideration, here are your options:-

1.) I think you guys would enjoy some dance classes. Book a course in salsa or tango dancing.

2.) Other than that, I think a his and hers bicycle combo. Go with a single speed free wheeler, for max aesthetics, with baskets on, so you two can picnic or go to the markets on the weekends. No kidding, some of the best fun as a couple is riding bikes together.

3.) Finally, there are some amazing concerts, opera and ballet coming up at the Lyric theatre. Book tickets, and go to the GoMA restaurant before or after.

Supplementary option:- purely a present for him. A really nice pen. Go to Mont Blanc in town. Pick up a pair of shoes for you while you are in town.

Jer

xx

• Like 1

I like a genuine "Get out Jail Free Card". This is a certified, notarized, and laminated card you give him so the next time he F**Ks up big time, he can whip this out and you don't get to get mad at him.

Yes...this is serious!

I find that the smalls things mean more to me than large, lavish gifts.

Edit -

I live events, moments, experiences. A exotic car on a racetrack. Hot air balloon ride. A run through a forest of drop bears. Sailing excursion.

• Like 1

Being a watch-a-holic myself, I will tell you my dream 50th present. Something historic and classy. A real throw back to gentlemen and classic machines.

Get him his birth year Rolex. A 1965 Rolex Sub or GMT. It will never go out of style. It is the pinnacle of watch mechanics for its time. And in all fairness, having a birth year Rolex makes him all that much more of a true gentleman and, honestly, a bad ass.

Only other thought is what I am getting my father for his 70th. A trip to his Mecca. Playing golf at St.Andrews. Find his Mecca and go there.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Wow there are some really great suggestions so far, thanks to everyone.

We did try some dance lessons a couple of years ago but a majority of the lessons that we went to Rob had a "few" wines beforehand and kept stepping on my toes. So the dance instructor, who was a very attractive Russian, ended up dancing with me. I think Rob planned this as I think he enjoyed watching us dance together more and more each week love.gif

As for something electrical, I have never seen a person go through as many laptops as Rob has. For some reason they just keep breaking. From what I remember one flew over the balcony by mistake of course, the next one had a crack in the screen. It could have been when he punched itlookaround.gif No kidding. So basically that option is out.

A fishing trip with his friends sounds like a great idea....Ken expect a call

I thought of a getting him a Pen, so that could be an option.

I really like the coupon idea and I think he will to lol3.gif

Keep them coming

Rent out his favorite restaurant (or better yet have a catered meal on a chartered boat/ship/yacht) and invite all of his family, closest friends and some he hasn't seen in a long time (reminiscing is awesome the older you get).

Send him to a gentleman's grooming center where he can get a straight razor shave with the hot towel treatment. If they have them there...or if they will accept him at a gentleman's grooming centernyah.gif

Does Rob like to grill on a normal basis?

I would go for some grilling accessories- some luxury stainless steel set of grill tools...Electronic thermometer...Sauces and meat package to go along with new recipes to try out?

Chef hat reading "King Czar"

Maybe there is a package deal somewhere you could get for activity with him and the boys! Something outdoor and adventurous like a camping trip with a new tent to use, or horse ride through somewhere to camp.

Agnes turns 60 at the end of March and I suggested this to the daughter as a gift. It was voted down:

http://www.incrediblethings.com/food/this-toaster-toasts-your-selfie-onto-bread/

If that doesn't appeal to you, perhaps this for grilling on the deck:

post-9032-0-91948400-1423095525_thumb.jp

• Like 1

He says he likes to flyfish.Get him a fly rod. I can get sage, Winston, and various other top of the line rods and reels at guide price. Shoot me a pm, and I will set u up with my buddies in Montana who are guides. Just a suggestion.