I NEED HELP ..........

Oh wow...such good suggestions here that I feel I can't anything practical. Hypothetically speaking, however, if one of our forum members is close to Joe Hockey then them persuading a government change in laws in regards to cigars in this country would be the best Xmas and Birthday gift 'wrapped in one'. I would bet that would really be a unique gift that El Pres would love!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoo away?

Good morning Di How about an experience that he won't forget such as: SuperV8 / Ferrari race track drive Flight in spitfire plane Hot air balloon trip (you could join him on this one) Skydive (ta

It's subtropical Brisbane Jeremy. We don't need sweaters. And Rob would totally barbecue that pig! Sent from my iPhone

Good morning Di

How about an experience that he won't forget such as:

• SuperV8 / Ferrari race track drive
  • Flight in spitfire plane
  • Hot air balloon trip (you could join him on this one)
  • Skydive (tandem if your keen)

Most of the above and more can be ordered via Red Balloon (they have a heap of other options)

Of course if all else fails you could wrap yourself up in a large red ribbon and bow and let the sparks fly!!

Happy shopping

Joker

I think that this is the best idea yet. A friend of mine's ex-wife sent him to one of these Nascar Experience things where you get to drive the cars around the track. He still talks about it. I hate Nascar but I would love to take one for a rip.

Wow there are some really great suggestions so far, thanks to everyone.

We did try some dance lessons a couple of years ago but a majority of the lessons that we went to Rob had a "few" wines beforehand and kept stepping on my toes. So the dance instructor, who was a very attractive Russian, ended up dancing with me. I think Rob planned this as I think he enjoyed watching us dance together more and more each week :love:

As for something electrical, I have never seen a person go through as many laptops as Rob has. For some reason they just keep breaking. From what I remember one flew over the balcony by mistake of course, the next one had a crack in the screen. It could have been when he punched it:lookaround: No kidding. So basically that option is out.

A fishing trip with his friends sounds like a great idea....Ken expect a call

I thought of a getting him a Pen, so that could be an option.

I really like the coupon idea and I think he will to :lol3:

Keep them coming

Was it a male or female instructor?

For your pirate Lostgalleon.com have some cool Spanish coins turned into ring/cuff links and that sort of stuff. Treasureexpiditions.com have a grouse cannonball from the 1733 El Capitana treasure fleet that you could turn into a key ring so he won't loose them. Raremaps.com have some vintage maps of Cuba and surrounds from the 1600s and some Spanish. Or, get everyone to step up and you and he go to Spain for a holiday. All of the above should be put on the work card.

Was it a male or female instructor?

A very attractive female instructor which Rob had no hesitation in letting me know after our first lesson. I was wondering why he kept asking her to show that same step over and over and over....needless to say she was wearing a low cut top and wasn't a "small" girl no.gif

we only lasted half the lessons rotfl.gif

Di:

I feel like Rob. I have everything I want or need. When gift time comes around my wife has no idea what to buy me. I simply made one request this year for a special gift.

This may sound goofy but here it goes.

I use to shave with the Gillette Mach 3-4 razors. Then I wanted to try something different. I did some research and wanted to go a different route and start using a double edge safety razor.

Let me tell you there is no other feeling than a barbershop shaving feel.

I told her I wanted the entire set up. $175 for razor handle, $50 shave soap, $10 bowl, $30 in feather double edge razors, $30 post shave balm.

This was the best gift a man could ask for. My shaves are baby butt smooth and very fresh, just like leaving the barbershop.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Hey Diana: I also wear no jewellery other than a watch. However, whereas a woman (including my wife) can never have too many shoes or purses a man can never have too many watches. I would never say no to another watch. There are watches for all occasions and all price ranges. Just my $0.02 worth. Good luck.

Bacon of the month club

Nice set of cooking knives

Whiskey of the month club

Something unique that's Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Some kind of cool upgrade for his vehicle

Custom handmade boots

luggage

A very attractive female instructor which Rob had no hesitation in letting me know after our first lesson. I was wondering why he kept asking her to show that same step over and over and over....needless to say she was wearing a low cut top and wasn't a "small" girl no.gif

we only lasted half the lessons rotfl.gif

Keeping it simple, a man can always use a nice wallet. Take a look at the pince wallet by Louis Vuitton. It's not that expensive, is classy, and it's simple. I can say this because I have one.

http://au.louisvuitton.com/eng-au/products/pince-wallet-monogram-001401

You should personalize a jacket for him. A jacket that he can wear every day. Like a members only jacket. Or some item of clothing. Put a monogram of his initials on it.

Or, if her like music, get him a waterproof blue tooth speaker for his shower. I gave it as a secret Santa Christmas gift and everyone went ape **** for it. Come to find out, many people ended up buying it.

Good morning Di

How about an experience that he won't forget such as:

• SuperV8 / Ferrari race track drive
  • Flight in spitfire plane
  • Hot air balloon trip (you could join him on this one)
  • Skydive (tandem if your keen)

Most of the above and more can be ordered via Red Balloon (they have a heap of other options)

Of course if all else fails you could wrap yourself up in a large red ribbon and bow and let the sparks fly!!

Happy shopping

Joker

Di there's a WWII P51 Mustang up at Caboolture that they do joy flights in.

It's a beautiful aircraft and I would thoroughly recommend it.

The only thing is I think from memory he's quite reluctant to fly in anything smaller than a Boeing737?

If you want the Mustangs contact details, let me know!

Dave

You can't beat a holiday Di and being Robs 50th, it's a milestone, so something like a holiday would be memorable and nice to look back on. Maybe Europe or somewhere he hasn't been before? This way, you also get to tag along! ;)

Vintage dunhill rollagas lighter? On the reviews Rob and Ken only seem to have a clap trap mix of busted butanes and the occasional iroda torch. I love mine and it holds a large supply of butane and seems about as bullet proof as they come (and this from a 1975 unit).

In all seriousness. Nothing is better than a present for yourself. So, taking that into consideration, here are your options:-

1.) I think you guys would enjoy some dance classes. Book a course in salsa or tango dancing.

2.) Other than that, I think a his and hers bicycle combo. Go with a single speed free wheeler, for max aesthetics, with baskets on, so you two can picnic or go to the markets on the weekends. No kidding, some of the best fun as a couple is riding bikes together.

3.) Finally, there are some amazing concerts, opera and ballet coming up at the Lyric theatre. Book tickets, and go to the GoMA restaurant before or after.

Supplementary option:- purely a present for him. A really nice pen. Go to Mont Blanc in town. Pick up a pair of shoes for you while you are in town.

Jer

xx

Rob got thrown out of the last dance classes: something about needing to be sober party.gif

• Like 1