If I had the time....I would like to take up ___________

Restart IPSC pistol shooting. Did it for 18 months a few years back when I was based in Indonesia but had to stop when I was posted to China.

Enjoyed IPSC for a very short time as well, great stuff ! Would love to great back into it ok.gif

• Like 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pottery...

I so want to learn to fly a plane. It has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. This is my top priority once my kid gets through college.

I always wanted to learn how to carve a pipe from a solid piece of aged briar wood.Also attach the stem and apply the stain. There are books and videos available on the subject but alas it is very di

I would like to learn to play guitar and piano.

Lot's of GREAT hobbies mentioned above!! :) I fly RC gliders as one of my main hobbies. I am lucky to have been sponsored by Futaba for 20 years. I also shoot trap and do lots of reloading. They are wonderful ways to spend time and you can also involve your wife and kids.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to go cave exploring yet I have no idea where to start. And take culinary classes on next trip abroad, always put it on the back burner

For me a hobby I always wanted to try would be Fly Fishing. In so far as learning a new skill I would love to learn how to speak other languages. I love to travel and it would great to speak to new friends in their own language. ( Ciao, Adios, Au revoir,auf Wiedersehen )

• Like 2

Learn to pick winning lottery numbers.

And (thanks for the reminder, mandandana) to speak Italian in time for the AmiCigar shindig: "Posso fumare un sigaro qui?""Vorresti fare un giro nel mio Ferrari?""Il vostro cane è molto brutto!"

• Like 1

Oh so many things...

I do have some free time so I took up Spanish. It was largely inspired by my love for Cuban cigars. It's not going too well right now, extremely poor memories and a lack of discipline to study after class. I do speak two languages at native speaker level, so I am pretty proud of that.

If I had a year off I would also like to obtain a pilot's license. Being able to call myself a pilot would be so satisfying. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to a good pilot school in SoCal.

I want to pick up drawing again. Was doing some cleaning around the house and found my sketch book from my teenage years, I forgot how good I used to be! Now I can barely do convincing stick figures.

I'd like to learn to play violin. But I fear that's not purely a pursuit of time, but it also requires skill, natural abilities and coordination.... where can I get those from??

Same as me. I had a band director in elementary school tell me that the only musical instrument I could play was the radio. I would love to have "musical ability".

Since I can't "make" music, I'd love to learn other languages. Took three years of Spanish in college (many moons ago) plus I dated a young lady who was fairly fluent in Spanish so I became quite familiar with it. Can I speak it today? Nope. However, when I hear folks speaking it, I can understand enough to know what they are saying. Would love to "freshen up" my Spanish, as well as learn French, German, and Italian.

I've always wanted to go cave exploring yet I have no idea where to start.

Do you live near any caves? Here in the southeast (Merka) we've got loads of caves thanks to the karst geology. I've loved exploring random corners of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky as part of the hydrological research I'm involved in. Plus, we know someone who's got a cave on their private property and is always willing to let us explore.

For me, aikido, clandestine chemistry with a proper setup, and finally get down to practicing Spanish daily.

Given the time (and sometimes the money) I definitely would like to get into:

Downhill Mountain Biking

Race Car Driving (Pro Go Kart leading into full sized cars)

Shooting Range/Target Practice

Rolling Cigars

I would love to find time to improve on

Playing the drums

Editing Digital Photography

• Like 1

Do you live near any caves? Here in the southeast (Merka) we've got loads of caves thanks to the karst geology. I've loved exploring random corners of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky as part of the hydrological research I'm involved in. Plus, we know someone who's got a cave on their private property and is always willing to let us explore.

For me, aikido, clandestine chemistry with a proper setup, and finally get down to practicing Spanish daily.

As a child I used to go to some caves in Tennessee I believe it was but no unfortunately I am not near any caves that I know of. Always was overjoyed to explore- one of my ultimate bucket list is to go to Easter Island and visit caves. Wow, that sounds fantastic- I need a friend like that :)

Spanish, French, German.

Another degree, maybe Astrophysics.

Reading - there's a pile of great books waiting for me on the shelf.

Golf.

Stocks and shares.

Daily cigar smoking.