Cigar or cigars you believe get a "bum rap"

Cigar or cigars you believe get a "bum rap"

......you know, the one, two or three cigars that you enjoy that are never spoken about or are dismissed/blasted around the cigar community.

Name them....tell us what you like about them....give them some limelight spotlight.gif

Cuaba - the Salomon specifically but the brand in general. Had a couple delightful ones (the smallest ones) lately. Also the plethora of small size Partagas. Recently enjoyed a glorious Super Partagas and Petite Coronas Especial, never hear about those!

Cuaba Distinguidos

All too often their "bum wrap" is due to just that, a bum wrap-per/ roll. When good, I love the figurado vitola and long smoking experience full of rich flavours, but damn, I hate those woody/sawdust tasting turds they can be.

So, what's yours El Prez?

Monte #3 - even the ugly ones have a taste that is not typical Monte to me. Maybe why it disappoints many who expect a traditional Monte profile. A tannic, citrus leather with a coffee cream profile that with 5+ years turns to a wonderful raisin and vanilla latte blend. If you don't like Monte you may like them, if you like Monte try them with an open mind.

(Quintero Panetelas)

• Like 3

... Recently enjoyed a glorious Super Partagas ...

I like the Partagas Super Partagas too but it seems to get little to no respect.

1. The Cuaba brand series. I've enjoyed each and every size they've produced. Never found any of them lacking in enjoyable quality!

2. The Monte Open series. What the hey!? confused.gif Why is this so vilified??? I've enjoyed them each time I've had them!

3. Finally poor ole' Guantanamera violin.gif Hey - it's affordable most places. And very indicative of Havana tobacco! So the construction's a little lousy - hey! What are ya gonna do! Chin's up! peace.gif

• Like 1

....Hmmm!

(Fill in blank) Coronas

(Fill in blank) Lonsdale

(Fill in blank) Petit Coronas

(Fill in blank) Coronas Extra...

Are we defining 'wrap' by who smokes them, or who stopped making them? I say its who makes them, because Tabacuba does not listen to seasoned smokers like me. A lot of seasoned smokers see good taste and value in these cigars, therefore NOT "wrapping them in bum."

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 2

Mille Fleurs,Parti and RyJ...love both,nice flavors,good price

RyJ churchills....... never had a bad one

RyJ tubos....still remember my first Cuban,RyJ tubo......veiny,green,extraordinary...........

Raphael Gonzales pc.......favorite of mine for years,basic and even aggressive,for those times when I want a rustic smoke.

....Hmmm!

(Fill in blank) Coronas

(Fill in blank) Lonsdale

(Fill in blank) Petit Coronas

(Fill in blank) Coronas Extra...

Are we defining 'wrap' by who smokes them, or who stopped making them? I say its who makes them, because Tabacuba does not listen to seasoned smokers like me. A lot of seasoned smokers see good taste and value in these cigars, therefore NOT "wrapping them in bum."

Cheers! -Piggy

I should have said "rap" and have amended. It is my cleaning day at FOH....I hate it...my mind is on cleaning every piece of glassware at FOH...and there is PLENTY lmao.gif

What I am meaning are cigars that get no promotion on the boards or even vilified.

RYJ Tubos #3 and Monte Junior Opens

I don't know, had a box of each and was very sad when they were gone. Only complaint about the RYJ's were that they didn't last longer.

I think I may restock in the new year.

Any of the RyJ Tubos

I'd go a bit further Polar, I'd say all Tubos. All are too easily dismissed because of the cost of the tube, and the tube dismissed as being only a carrier.

And when was the last time anyone smoked or reviewed a Monte Tubos, a real cracker of a smoke in my opinion.

• Like 1

I find it hard to say that the Monte 4 gets a bum rap seeing as it is one of the biggest sellers in the world today. My vote would go to Cuaba. I bought a really nice looking box of divinos a while back and they are really good. Lovely woody nutmeg flavour profile and not a dud among them.

• Like 2