Cigar or cigars you believe get a "bum rap"

Smallclub, Monte No.4 gets a bad wrap because it's seen as an extremely inconsistently rolled cigar (plusieurs personnes pensent que c'est absolument pourri). I don't think the MF gets a bad wrap, but I hardly ever see anyone have it in their regular rotation. It's often the Partagas Short that gets all the attention. C'est juste mon avi, mais j'ai pensé que je pourrais élaborer un peu (selon mes choix). peace.gif

I will go a different direction with this thread. Three benchmark cigars that I often hear being dissed because they are a shadow of their former glory. I smoke all of these cigars regularly and a lot of my friends think I am a fool for enjoying them:

- Hoyo DC, frequently dissed because they have become very light flavored. I enjoy it as a morning smoke on a lazy Sunday.

- BBF, used to be a monster of a cigar and it has lost a lot of its intensity. When I first got into cigars in the mid 90's, people used to warn me about the BBF as it was not fit for a novice smoker.

- Monte #2, similar comments as the BBF. I have some old friends that scoff at me for smoking so many Monte#2 because they are not the supremely intense bomb of a cigar that they once were in the 80's and early 90's. I still like the flavors so I smoke the hell out of them.

Honestly i have to side with a previous poster on the whole monte open thing...

Not that i have smoked many but managed to smoke all sticks in the range as they were pretty much the only thing on offer when i was on holiday in spain one year...

Ive had worse.

Makes me think of the mad box of monte 4 i got a few years back from belgium. These were unsmokable! Only added to what is still an overbearing thought i have about the inconsistency of monte 4s

Anything named " belvederes " !!!

A great size ... I have had about 6 or 8 different brands/marcas of belvederes and enjoyed them all ...absolutely zero press .

Derrek

RyJ Belvederes Derrek?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk