Habanos Añejados

Well, after 2 days no one said anything so I am starting this thread.

From Habanos:

Habanos s.a. presenta su nueva línea de Habanos Añejados

anejados-band.jpg

• Se trata de Habanos que han sido añejados en Cuba, en perfectas condiciones de conservación, un mínimo de cinco años
  • El concepto “Añejados” se estrena con dos novedosos lanzamientos: Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados y Montecristo Churchills Añejados. Ambas son, además, vitolas novedosas en sus respectivas marcas

presenta, por primera vez, dos novedosos lanzamientos de Habanos Añejados: Habanos ya torcidos, que han sido envejecidos en Cuba durante 5 o más años, en perfectas condiciones de conservación, lo que les ha permitido ganar matices y complejidad sin perder sus características organolépticas iniciales.

montecristo-churchills-anejado-camada.jp

El lanzamiento del concepto “Añejados” se realiza con dos surtidos:
Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados
(cepo 52 x 156 mm de largo) y
Montecristo Churchills Añejados
(cepo 47 x 178 mm de largo). Ambas son
nuevas referencias
y se presentan como una Edición Especial en cantidades limitadas y en un único lanzamiento. En ambos casos, se trata de
que han pasado
por un proceso de añejamiento de entre 5 y 8 años

montecristo-churchills-anejado-cajon-2.j

Con el proceso de añejamiento, el tabaco ha evolucionado volviéndose más redondo y agradable al paladar, consiguiendo notas de sabor delicadas y dulzonas y, sobre todo, presenta matices de sabor amaderado, gracias a los años de reposo junto al cedro que lo protege.

romeo-y-julieta-piramides-anejado-tabaco

El lanzamiento de
y
es
doblemente novedoso
: por el proceso de añejamiento, y también por la incorporación de formatos no presentes en el portafolio estándar de ambas marcas.

romeo-y-julieta-piramides-anejado-cajon-

Los Habanos Añejados se comercializan en sus
cajones
originales
, que han permanecido sin habilitar durante todo el proceso de añejamiento, y que se han vestido con las correspondientes habilitaciones de cada marca para su salida al mercado.

romeo-y-julieta-piramides-anejado-camada

La presentación es en cajón corriente habilitado, con doble anilla,
stick
externo con la leyenda “Añejados” y con vitolina en la que se explica el concepto. En el fondo del cajón
se puede comprobar la fecha de torcido de los Habanos
. A esto se le suma un cuño adicional con la palabra
“Revisado”
, ya que el 100% de los cajones han sido abiertos y la totalidad de los
han sido revisados individualmente.

romeo-y-julieta-piramides-anejado-cajon.

y
estarán disponibles en los puntos de venta de todo el mundo durante el primer trimestre de 2015.

Marca: Romeo y Julieta Vitola de Salida: Pirámides Vitola de Galera: Pirámides Medidas: Cepo 52 (20.64 mm) x 156 mm de largo Presentaciones: Cajón Corriente Habilitado de 25 unidades.

Marca: Montecristo Vitola de Salida: Churchills Vitola de Galera: Julieta Nº2 Medidas: Cepo 47 (18,65 mm) x 178 mm de largo Presentaciones: Cajón Corriente Habilitado de 25 unidades.

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To clear things up, when i said "switcheroo" in my earlier post, what I meant was, an aged Romeo Piramide and an aged Monte Churchill don't make any sense, because they weren't officially being rolled

I saw this and it is strange. I thought the Cuban añejado system was aged releases of existing cigars, supposedly 5-8 years old but a Romeo Piramide hasn't existed since 2003 and a Monte Churchill???

They're probably blended well below what I believe a cigar is worth

I saw this and it is strange. I thought the Cuban añejado system was aged releases of existing cigars, supposedly 5-8 years old but a Romeo Piramide hasn't existed since 2003 and a Monte Churchill???

I have a feeling somebody somewhere did a switcheroo!

A Monte Churchill is a rare thing to say the least and will be interesting to taste. I wonder how different it will be to a 5-8 Romeo Churchill!! :)

Oh I just read it ' two new releases'.

'Two new releases' that they planned 5 years ago?

• Like 4

Habanos s.a. presents, for the first time, two new releases of Habanos aged: already twisted cigars, that have been aged in Cuba for 5 or more years, in perfect conditions of conservation, which has earned them nuances and complexity without losing their initial organoleptic.

The launch of the concept "Aged" is performed with two assortments: Romeo y Julieta pyramids aged (ring gauge 52 x 156 mm long), and Montecristo Churchills aged (cepo 47 x 178 mm long). Both are new references and are presented as a special edition in limited quantities and in a single cycle. In both cases, it's cigars that have undergone a process of aging between 5 and 8 years.

With the aging process, tobacco has evolved to becoming more round and pleasant to the palate, getting notes of delicate, sweet taste and, above all, presents nuances of taste Woody, thanks to years of rest next to the Cedar that protects it.

The launch of Romeo y Julieta pyramids aged and Montecristo Churchills aged is doubly novel: by the aging process, and also by the incorporation of formats not present in the standard portfolio of both brands.

The aged cigars are sold in their original crates, which have remained unchecked throughout the aging process, and which have worn with the corresponding qualifications of each brand to the market.

The presentation is in enabled running drawer with double ring, outer stick with the legend "Aged" and vitolina which explains the concept. At the bottom of the drawer you can check the date of twisted of Habanos. In addition to this a further with the word "Revised" stamp, since 100% of the boxes have been opened and all of the cigars have been reviewed individually.

Romeo y Julieta pyramids aged and Montecristo Churchills aged will be available at the points of sale around the world during the first quarter of 2015.

Romeo and Juliet pyramids aged brand: Romeo and Juliet

Output model: pyramids

Vitola de Galera: pyramids

Measurements: 52 ring gauge (20.64 mm) x 156 mm long

Presentations: Enabled current box of 25 units.

Montecristo Churchills aged

Brand: Montecristo

Output model: Churchills

Vitola de Galera: Julieta No. 2

Measurements: 47 ring gauge (18,65 mm) x 178 mm long

Presentations: Enabled current box of 25 units.

I call BS in the loudest possible way....No chance they have been actually planning this for 5 years. It is too strange, sudden and unknown...

• Like 2

Seems to be the case as they say "El lanzamiento de Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados y Montecristo Churchills Añejados es doblemente novedoso: por el proceso de añejamiento, y también por la incorporación de formatos no presentes en el portafolio estándar de ambas marcas."

Which means:

"The launch of Romeo y Julieta Churchills aged Piramides and aged Montecristo aged Churchills is twice as novel: the aging process and also by incorporating in both brands formats not present in the standard portfolio"

And also somewhere in there says that the tobacco is ages between 5 and 8 years so they might be planning it for as long as 8 years?

I was gifted one of the RyJ's a short while back by a generous BOTL. Don't ask me how/why he got it, suffice to say I trust him implicitly such that I have no concerns that it's a fake or something.

In any case - it's not a cigar I'd probably ever consider buying a box of, but I do look forward to trying it. As long as they didn't use the tobacco they were using in regular production RyJ's 5-8 years ago, it might taste pretty good :D

Interested in a Monte Churchill but this seems very gimmicky...

I agree but I guess it hooked me lol. Instead of buying a second box of supermos I think I will put the money toward a box of these.

The RyJ pyramides that they are using for this release were rolled in 2000. and now re released with a new band.

Wait so these are 14 years old?

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

Of course this is tin hat time. You really think the clueless association in Cuba rolled tens of thousands of cigars that nobody saw or knew about, then stuck them in some invisible warehouse with perfect temp and humidity control for 5 years, then managed to find some ugly-ass maroon bands, slap them on, use possibly the 2 most popular marcas in the world with possibly the two most popular vitolas and then say.....yeah, we meant to do that all along?

No sir. My tin hat is big and strong!

• Like 3

Interested in a Monte Churchill but this seems very gimmicky...

Agreed very much in this, and in CQ's and Shlomo's posts after.

Something definitely seems amiss with this. I would very much look forward to trying a Monte Churchill, much less an aged-program one. But, I don't trust Cuban aging particulars, much less some other aspects lately.

Definitely has piqued my attention, but has also severely piqued my suspicions as well.