Habanos Añejados

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To clear things up, when i said "switcheroo" in my earlier post, what I meant was, an aged Romeo Piramide and an aged Monte Churchill don't make any sense, because they weren't officially being rolled

I saw this and it is strange. I thought the Cuban añejado system was aged releases of existing cigars, supposedly 5-8 years old but a Romeo Piramide hasn't existed since 2003 and a Monte Churchill???

They're probably blended well below what I believe a cigar is worth

confused.gif The sentence "very slowly due to the Cuban climate" is in complete contradiction with all the accepted notions about aging. No need to be an expert to see that aging is accelerated with heat and humidity.

UK cigar merchants have the reputation to store and age cigars in conditions of low humidity, compared to Cuba, conditions that are supposed to enable them to maintain very old cigars.

Just reporting what I was told, an this guy does know what he's talking about.

I don't know of another example of a cigar aged in Cuba. Most cigars are made and shipped.

Has the Montecristo Churchill been released yet?

I dont know about vendors, but they are availeble at the LCDH in montreal.

I reserve all opinion until I've smoked three of each...

Taste and experience after all is very subjective...

One man's nirvana can be another's ****.

I hope they are good, just as I hope that any new release is good, at least for someone...

With all the deleted vitolas over the the last few years... I always hope for some good 'new' releases to balance things out.