What are your pet peeves while enjoying your cigar?

When somebody lights a cigarette in the same room or beside me... Lucky for me I have my wife trained, when she comes out for a cigarette and I'm having my cigar, she walks around the corner because she knows I hate it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I am smoking a cigar at a bar and someone smoking cigarettes complains about cigar smoke.....

A stranger asking can they try my Cigar.

This one's a little embarrassing but I'll say it. When I'm enjoying a No. 2 ....... and I'm interrupted by the need to DO a No. 2 ?

I agree that those that smash out a cigar when they are done annoy me.

Also, when inside, poor ventilation and the smoke lingers in the air and overwhelms you. I'm trying to find the balance of pumping the smoke out and keeping a warm temp in my new man cave.

• Like 1

When somebody lights a cigarette in the same room or beside me... Lucky for me I have my wife trained, when she comes out for a cigarette and I'm having my cigar, she walks around the corner because she knows I hate it.

you need to train your wife to smoke a cigar with you

I always smoke after work before dinner, and getting called to dinner just as I'm getting to the last third of the stick (my favorite part).

Edited to say upon reflection I sound like a spoiled little brat. dunce.gif

I want to set a room up for smoking but this is my main concern. Getting the smoke out without letting too much cold in!

Whole-house/attic fan!

I lived in a place several years ago that had one. I'd crack one window just a centimeter or so and sit and smoke right under the fan. About an hour after I finished (leaving the fan running), it'd smell just like new!

Wind or rain are definitely my pet peeves. Though i find smoking in the rain absolutely enjoyable when under some good shelter with zero wind and warm. Makes the smoke so thick and heavy in the air, slow to dissipate??? im starting to dislike nearby cigarette smoke also as i do find it can interfere with what im tasting lol i dont really mind cigarette smoker conplaints or the faces they make as i find it hilarious lol i also haate sneezing before a cigar. Messes me up for a good 30 mins before i can taste anything lol

• Like 1

I don't have much trouble saying the word, "no" so a lot of the things mentioned in this thread don't bother me as much.

Also, I'm a dumb hillbilly so I actually enjoy sitting on the back porch with my wife watching the sun go down with a cigar in hand.

Really the only thing that bothers me are plugged cigars or tight draws. I think I like the draw a little looser than most with nice billows of smoke.

The weather - particularly when it turns bad.

People wanting to have a conversation, when I'm sitting on my own relaxing. Actually I don't need to be smoking for that to annoy me.

Being told I have plenty of time and then when I'm halfway through the a cigar, being told it's time to go pod.gif

Smoking with somebody who races through a cigar like they have to be elsewhere.

Oh yes and when my membership to the Grumpy Old Mens Club expires before the card turns up, humph.

When you're sitting in a public place smoking and somebody who knows nothing about cigars wants to come up and chat about the few cigars they've smoked in their life.

Definitely when people ask to try your cigar. If I'm smoking a really nice cigar I'll pass it to my old man and let him try it for a few minutes to enjoy what I am. But that's where it stops. Was in Halifax walking the boardwalk at around 3 am when a few kids walked up - one of which asked to "puff on my cigar bro" after snorting coke off his car keys.

Cold weather - I'm canadian and still can't stand the cold for more than 5 minutes

"Friends" who treat you like a B&M. Its your birthday and you want a cigar or two? Sure. You're going to a stag and want to supply for all 20 guys going? Piss off. My brother is the worst offender, and he never offers a cent.

Watching someone light the cigar I gave them with a cigarette lighter.

Someone asks me for a cigar (they want mine since I smoke CC), smoking about 1/5 of the cigar I just gave them and stuffing it out in the ashtray. Drives me batsh** crazy. Thanks for wasting it!

• Like 1

For me it's when someone lights a flavored/scented cigar (Acid, Lars, etc...)

Totally takes away being able to enjoy mine with the smell of theirs permeating the room.

my pet peeve ... having a piece of the wrapper come off with the band .

derrek

Derrek..... we've been over this a few times already.

gotta smoke unbanded cigars!! wink.png unbanded = best!

For me it's when someone lights a flavored/scented cigar (Acid, Lars, etc...)

actually... I don't mind some vanilla cigars.

Those are actually pleasant when lit. smells like a creme factory!

Noise. Specifically background noise. Someone mowing their lawn, cutting down a tree, playing annoying music, dogs repetitive barking, a whining spouse or child etc. totally ruins the experience.

My neighbors' dog. One of these days I'm going to kill that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derrek..... we've been over this a few times already.

gotta smoke unbanded cigars!! wink.png unbanded = best!

If only we always could - shame they started banding cabs.....

actually... I don't mind some vanilla cigars.

Those are actually pleasant when lit. smells like a creme factory!

As long as the 'scent' doesn't overwhelm the aroma of a real cigar I guess.....

As long as the 'scent' doesn't overwhelm the aroma of a real cigar I guess.....

honestly, i've shared a room filled with vanilla cigar smokers before.

if you enjoy a coke or sprite with a cigar, it's actually somewhat refreshing.

Just retrohale occasionally so you clean your nostrils of the fowl 'scents'...