What are your pet peeves while enjoying your cigar?

Things that annoy me while smoking include: Having a good tasting cigar that won't stay lit. Too much tar build up at the nub. Lighting the wrong end after one to many rum. And the worst is when drawing on a cigar getting a strange sound or pop within the burn. What the hell was that? Did I just roast a cigar beatle? What the hell !!!

Regards,

Doug

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I am smoking a cigar at a bar and someone smoking cigarettes complains about cigar smoke.....

A stranger asking can they try my Cigar.

This one's a little embarrassing but I'll say it. When I'm enjoying a No. 2 ....... and I'm interrupted by the need to DO a No. 2 ?

When my non smoking friends make comments about cigars smokers being posers.

Then when I gift them a cigar they want something fat and "boss like" so they can take a dope selfie.

When my non smoking friends make comments on how I'm a rich man just because I smoke cigars.

When I gift people a cigar and they puff on it for ten minutes then toss it.

When I gift people a cigar and they expect a Cohiba.

When people in the States who have only smoked NCs ask me how can I be sure that my CC isn't a fake.

Then try to trade their NCs for my CCs!

BUGS!!!

Living where I do I only get Late February - December to enjoy the weather warm enough to light up a cigar.. If its too cold its not enjoyable, no matter how much I am craving a smoke.

So in the warm months the mosquitos, spiders, moths, ants and every other creepy crawly and winged things from hell ruin the special time set aside at the end of a day to smoke.

Constantly itching or killing bugs that but me ruins it for me.

I once had a stick bug crawl up my chair and down my arm, luckily I was almost done with my stick.

You know i just had this happen the other day and it ruined the whole two hour smoke session. Guy asked me what my pet peeves are while we were smoking. The debate took off and I found myself worked up for awhile and found the whole discussion defeated the whole purpose of trying to enjoy a good smoke, liqueur and conversation. So I would say the question itself is bothersome.

• Like 1

1. Burn issues/relight needs/unwrapping on a great tasting cigar.

2. My cheap brother who can afford to buy his own boxes but constantly wants an extra stick to take home or wants to buy just "two or three" for his humidor.

3. Not being able to afford to buy all the sticks I want at one time.

4. When my fiancée complains about the smell after agreeing to accept cigars if I gave up my other tobacco vices.