What are your pet peeves while enjoying your cigar?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I am smoking a cigar at a bar and someone smoking cigarettes complains about cigar smoke.....

A stranger asking can they try my Cigar.

This one's a little embarrassing but I'll say it. When I'm enjoying a No. 2 ....... and I'm interrupted by the need to DO a No. 2 ?

Last time we herfed a couple days ago somebody was smoking something vanilla flavored at the table behind us and our waitress who we love said finally something smells good! LOL!! I must admit it did ruin the aromas coming from our sticks.

Obviously she is not in the right place.

-Definitely background noise can mess up my mood while smoking - especially the neighbor who mows lawn excessively...

-HATE when I sit down outside on a great, calm day then the wind starts to all the sudden slap me across the face

-When I struggle to find the ideal location to sit and enjoy without sun directly at me

-When people (friends, family, etc) who know nothing of cigars think they are expert after I have gifted them a Cohiba to smoke

-When people ask for only Cohiba cigars... these "label seekers"

-Smelling cigarettes while smoking is on my list

I can relate to pretty much everything already said but what takes the cake is when a cigarette smoker complains about my cigar.

-away on business

-get permission from bartender at a hotel bar (enclosed) to smoke my cigar

-people walk in AFTER I light up

-bartender tells me I have to leave because the woman (being polite) is complaining

For all of the reasons stated previously, I HATE smoking in public places. I won't light up any place indoors that doesn't cater specifically to cigar smokers. I primarily smoke in the work van, on the patio, in the garage, or in the basement.

• Like 3

Well...... I don't have any major pet peeves, but..... my pet gets peeved when I smoke a cigar!

He'll come outside for ANYTHING, but will never join me on the deck for a stogie. I'd love to smoke with the left hand and pat or scratch with the right hand, but never get the chance!

He's a Sheltie, a pretty smart breed, so maybe he's just concerned about second hand smoke?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I also can relate to what many have said here but one peeve I have is how sometimes you can have a plugged cigar or bad smoking experience from a cigar with a perfect wrapper, good filling and has been stored optimally in your humidor. The opposite is true too...sometimes I am just plain bewildered how I can have a great cigar even though I have to re-light it a few times and/or the wrapper is wonky!

• Like 1

-away on business

-bartender tells me I have to leave because the woman (being polite) is complaining

For all of the reasons stated previously, I HATE smoking in public places. I won't light up any place indoors that doesn't cater specifically to cigar smokers. I primarily smoke in the work van, on the patio, in the garage, or in the basement.

I hear'ya on this one....I've also seen random cigar smokers being forced to put out cigars in public smoking places due to complaints. I'll stick to smoking cigars on my patio or places that cater to cigar smokers....

I have only three.

1. Cigar is plugged.

2. Cigar tastes like dog ****.

3. Not enough money to purchase the cigars I want while smoking the cigars I have.

• Like 2

When someone lights up a pungent flavored cigar in a cigar lounge. It's disgusting and takes away from the experience and fills the room with the acrid smell of whatever the flavor of choice happens to be. It's like going to a Michelin star restaurant and finding out they use scented candles....

• Like 1

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone starts smoking illicit... 'Herbs' while I'm smoking a cigar. As a college student living in off-campus housing, its a lot more common than expected. Other than that I can't just general atmosphere (music, offensive odors) are the major turn-offs for me.

Not actually getting to light the thing because I'm away doin sport with the kids and the only place you can go is to some dark corner that looks like Gorky Park and feelin like an outcast. This weekend is a classic example no place to go at all to escape and kick back NO SMOKING SIGNS in every dark corner in out in the park under the trees.

Ahhh, the human ashtray.

I think you'll find plenty of comments about people losing clothes to hot ash, ash finding ways beneath clothing and general wrong place at the wrong time stuff. So I would suggest not to smoke in boxers, not to smoke 'commando', and make sure everything is sealed, because like a shrill wind in winter, hot ash will find a way in...

-away on business

Even worse is when the complainer smokes cigarettes.
  • Like 1

I can't stand that chemical smell in cigarette smoke, PERIODpod.gif So, imagine my dismay to find that my cigarette smoking neighbors have SOMEhow found THE most annoying synchronicity in that within minutes of me coming out to light my intended enjoyment, glass in hand, OUUT they come to waft their chemical cloud into my mixno.gifnosmilies.gifmob.giftantrum.gif By the grace of God, I'll be moving soon!

I would have to say next would be those that always want to smoke, but never want to buy. I mean, I DON'T mind sharing and enjoying good conversation, but how about at least splitting a box sometimes if you love to smoke so much, SHEESHpeace.gif

• Like 1

If I'm sitting in the local B&M, smoking a great CC and having great conversations with great company(they seem to usually go hand in hand) and someone turns on the TV, loud.

I hate when someone asks for puffs. Beat it!

I once witnessed someone go through my buddies Humidor without asking to grab a smoke. I'd a thrown him out of my house. Guys grabs a 14 year old cigar thinking it's cheap!

Most of all the guys who drop em on the golf course or smoke a 1/3 every time but always ask for one if they see I got two. Cuz that's fresh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk