Interesting Article on the possible ban of Tobacco in the US military

I am not sure if they are looking at banning the sale of tobacco or the consumption of tobacco.

Anyway, an interesting article.

http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/columnists/syndicated/rich-lowry-tobacco-diverts-military-focus-from-war/article_8c88cbdc-5480-11e4-80ae-2323901d9c24.html

Hard to stop the consumption of tobacco but they could easily ban the sale of tobacco on post. Great way to improve morale where there is very little to begin with. I'm so thankful I got out from all the political correctness in 2001 as the military was ridiculous then, let alone now.

I guess I better get this load of cigars in the mail Monday to the military!

Unbelievable! ! Pretty soon we will all be able to buy cannabis at our local dispensary, but arrested for smoking a cigar or cigarettes outdoors. Or even at all the way it's going. Governments at their best! LOL !

• Like 1

These truly are sad times we tread upon. What else does one say? I know, I will smoke one for the brave men and women of the armed forces. Not just the Americans, but up here in Canada too, and everywhere else in the world. It's the least I can do. Oh and a thank you wouldn't hurt either. Thanks.

• Like 1

I have heard one of the most asked for things the soldiers overseas want is cigars. And I understand why. Cigars give the soldiers a little bit of back home, a cigar brings relaxation in an otherwise stressful environment and surely is therapeutic. Would be a shame if big brother tries to stop cigar care packages to these guys who put it all on the line.

• Like 2

I have heard one of the most asked for things the soldiers overseas want is cigars. And I understand why. Cigars give the soldiers a little bit of back home, a cigar brings relaxation in an otherwise stressful environment and surely is therapeutic. Would be a shame if big brother tries to stop cigar care packages to these guys who put it all on the line.

It's inhuman. Not inhumane, inhuman. Just plain wrong.

So Mac, you are deploying again?

Yep!

Taking the Stoner?

Nope, not shooting.

How about some smokes?

Nope, not smoking?

What about the Randall?

No, won't be cutting, killing or carrying anything!

What are you taking?

A rubber suit, gloves and goggles.

You gonna' be giving anal exams over there?

Yep, but it is a break from getting them over here I guess!

… a sad state of affairs! God bless our men and women in uniform and grant them that they be allowed to smoke while they protect our countries. If you are going to put them in harms way, you can at least feed them properly, allow them to do their jobs and complete them, let them smoke a little tobacco now and again so that they can come home holding their heads high.

-Piggy

• Like 1

18 years Active Duty Army and counting. I love my job, wouldn't give it up for the world, but it never ceases to amaze me at the social experiment the military has become. Some have been forced changes that, when one sits down and honestly thinks about, were overdue. On the other hand, some, like this, are just plain ridiculous....I will continue to salute the flag, love my job, the men and women I fight with, follow the orders of those appointed over me and purchase my cigars off post.....from that far away land of Oz.

• Like 1

18 years Active Duty Army and counting. I love my job, wouldn't give it up for the world, but it never ceases to amaze me at the social experiment the military has become. Some have been forced changes that, when one sits down and honestly thinks about, were overdue. On the other hand, some, like this, are just plain ridiculous....I will continue to salute the flag, love my job, the men and women I fight with, follow the orders of those appointed over me and purchase my cigars off post.....from that far away land of Oz.

Thank you for your service Paul. Leave it to the U.S. Govt. to take away the few liberties our service members fight for us to keep.

Damon

What a load of S**t! mob.gif

The Department of Defense is studying a ban on the sale of cigarettes, cigars and chewing tobacco on bases and ships. Without committing himself, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has spoken favorably of the idea, citing health care costs: “I think we owe it to our people.”

Is this guy serious? How about the Men and women signing their lives to serve their country!?teacher.gif

Seriously, I think we all need to start hoarding away stashes of tobacco, be it Cigars, pipe tobacco, whatever as we will all be hiding behind our sheds, houses etc to enjoy one of the oldest pleasures life has to offer.

Idiots.

All they will create is another way to shark money. Its easy enough to buy off base but when you are on a ship in the middle of the ocean you don't have much choice. What will be lost is the duty free purchase on a ship once its in international waters but what will happen is some industrious sailors will buy several cases before leaving port and sell them at a mark up to their shipmates. PC is one thing that really chaps my azz. We are now raising children to be complete wusses who will have no skills for coping with failures they will face as adults. Not everyone wins and gets a trophy!

I served in the USN from 82-88 and smoking was accepted period. The only time and place you were not allowed to smoke was in berthing areas after lights out. Cigarettes were a staple and necessary item for me standing watch in CIC for 12 hours. Needed the nicotine to stay alert!

Some folks complained and I've never smoked anywhere that it bothered others around me out of courtesy, not political correctness of a government telling me what I could and could not do.

God bless you mate. Thanks for your service… -Ray