$240 Gold Cigar anyone?

Anyone ever had a London Cut "Black Tie Cigar" before?

It Ashes 24K gold, which is, according to the blurb, "An unsurpassed statement to all of those around you"

Which it may well be........that your a pretentious tosser!

IMG_5641_large.jpg?v=1366995495

• Like 3

Thought it was a joke so I had to look it up. It comes in a glass top boxlaugh.png .... is wrapped in a Connecticut Shade wrapperlol3.gif ... and is a Dominicanrotfl.gif

My, oh, my isn't this an impressive cigar!jester.gif

• Like 1

I've seen the gold DM ones. Quite an expensive novelty. Not sure why you would spend $250 on this when you could get a decent box of CCs for the $$$

From the get go, Conneticut wrapper, and Dominican Tobacco... Mmmmm... why would I not be impressed? fuel.gif

Add to that about $30 or so of Gold Leaf, and you have the potential of a metallicy tasting batch of cowpoop.gif, not to mention whatever they're using to adhere the leaf to that "fine connect-a-*** rapper" - it'd have to be something somewhat substantial, at least some kind of water/rosin base if not a shellac or rabbit skin bole (yes, I do gold leaf work)... Bleah.

Absolute rubbish. Fail to see any redeeming factor about this whatsoever... and that doesn't begin to describe what someone smoking this -thing- (I don't want to sully the word "cigar" by putting it in with the same catagory) would strike me as. But I bet you can guess...

As far as I see, this is another way for some gold holders to mark up their commodity. It's not a new concept - they make rolling papers in 24k gold, as well. What's sad is not that they're making such products (for nothing exceeds expectation when it comes to making money) but that people are indeed willing to buy these items.

Wait! How about a 60 RG Behike available - wrapped in 24 k gold - sold in glass-topped boxes.... to tourists in Cancun! (I'll call Habanos SA to see how they want to handle distribution)

I am amazed that it would burn properly. The gold foil/paper layer would restrict oxygen for combustion and I don't think the temperature from a typical lit cigar tip would be high enough to melt gold.

Interesting, tempted to get one simply to satisfy this curiosity - then again, maybe not. :lol:

I think I'll fire up a Boli GM without removing the wrapper, just as good for a 20th of the price!

Definitely CA's Number one cigar next year since a cuban got it last. LOL !!

I'll pass